• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Theme Park Worldwide

I wonder how many vloggers pay tax? I assume they'd need to declare it as a taxable income. If they haven't then they wouldn't be able to claim under the self- employment support scheme.

I’d guess he could argue all his flights and hotels are business expenses which would help keep the taxable income right down?

I pretty enjoyed his bike ride to the chained oak through the old railway line.
I love history old railways and stories of legend. That was a good video.

I really enjoyed this as well. I had no idea the tree even existed, I think I knew the story of Hex was based on some sort of real legend but I didn't know you could see the actual tree. It was a lovely route he took as well, it's nice to know something good came of a Dr. Beeching cut.

Sorry for the double post. I've just watched his latest video celebrating 100 million views. I don't know much about viewing figures on YouTube, but that seems pretty good going to me. It still irks me to see other ride based YouTubers with more views on some of their videos when it's all about them and not the parks. I ended up on a chanel with a husband and wife going around parks, and they were unbearable. "Look where we are and you aren't. Guffaw". (Not quite but you get the idea).

I've always liked that about Shawn. I'm not someone who gets jealous of others, but some of these other YouTubers just rub it in that they're somewhere and you are not and it just annoys me. I bear no I'll will towards Shawn as I feel you are included in his trips, he's not just waving these experiences in your face.

I've got about another 14 hours of the USA roadtrip to go now. I was a bit dubious when another person joined them, but I have to say I've really taken to Brett, he's like the normal one between Alex and Shawn, and it's interesting to get someone else's opinion. Apart from the fact he lives in the US and I think is a professional golfer, I don't know anything else about him, where he is from in the UK, how Shawn knows him etc.

Does anyone know more about how he came to be part of TPWW?

Don't know where this Taylor guy came from, but he's in typical American coaster geek mode on the video I'm on. Not sure I could manage a full vlog with him in.

Sorry for the double post. I've just watched his latest video celebrating 100 million views. I don't know much about viewing figures on YouTube, but that seems pretty good going to me. It still irks me to see other ride based YouTubers with more views on some of their videos when it's all about them and not the parks. I ended up on a chanel with a husband and wife going around parks, and they were unbearable. "Look where we are and you aren't. Guffaw". (Not quite but you get the idea).

I've always liked that about Shawn. I'm not someone who gets jealous of others, but some of these other YouTubers just rub it in that they're somewhere and you are not and it just annoys me. I bear no I'll will towards Shawn as I feel you are included in his trips, he's not just waving these experiences in your face.

I've got about another 14 hours of the USA roadtrip to go now. I was a bit dubious when another person joined them, but I have to say I've really taken to Brett, he's like the normal one between Alex and Shawn, and it's interesting to get someone else's opinion. Apart from the fact he lives in the US and I think is a professional golfer, I don't know anything else about him, where he is from in the UK, how Shawn knows him etc.

Does anyone know more about how he came to be part of TPWW?

Don't know where this Taylor guy came from, but he's in typical American coaster geek mode on the video I'm on. Not sure I could manage a full vlog with him in.

Taylor has a successful channel called Coaster Studios and does some really funny parodies of coasters. Check them out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Have just seen on Twitter that there are some allegations flying around regarding members of TPWW and acts of sexual harassment. Currently Shawn is hiding any tweets to do with the allegations and has failed to make a comment.
This isn't to cause a debate, or to encourage people to get the popcorn out, it's just me notifying you of what's going on. I 100% support the girls who have made statements.

Last edited:
Have just seen on Twitter that there are some allegations flying around regarding members of TPWW and acts of harassment. Currently Shawn is hiding any tweets to do with the allegations and has failed to make a comment.
This isn't to cause a debate, or to encourage people to get the popcorn out, it's just me notifying you of what's going on. I 100% support the girls who have made statements.
That's not good. Obviously I don't know the details but in his vlogs he does seem to have a habit of talking to/shouting at random people. Alex too, but not so much.

Sorry, I should have been clearer - sexual harassment. Have edited the post.
Shawn has replied to a tweet with: 'we have contacted our local authorities in response to the allegation brought to our attention, as advised, we will not be commenting further on this at any time.'

this is a absolutely horrid thing and their silence says it all to be fair. The fact of hiding tweets and possibly blocking people don’t look good in any light. I’d say the creditably will vanish over night only time will tell but what ever happens what ever you think of TPWW the way have come across dont look good from an outsiders point of view.

Hiding comments is never a good thing as unfortunately it adds fuel to the fire and people then make their own conclusions.

Correct decision to report it to authorities, he’s unfortunately going to have to take comments on the chin as he won’t be able to comment.

edit: haven’t seen the allegations - the above is just a general post.

Once the whole vloggers and that sort of stuff took off a few years ago it was always a guess when something like this would happen. But the damage is done now unfortunately how this will affect tpww is yet to be seen but if Twitter is anything to go by then I doubt it will last till the end of the year. Unfortunately from what I can see of tpww it’s mainly young theme park fans and families that are the main core audience, once these ripples and spreads further I have a feeling some families wouldnt feel comfortable with the whole tpww aspect after this. Only time will tell but the constant hiding posts isn’t helping them what so ever.

It's awful, for years there's been allegations against the people that are associated with them from what I've read. Hiding replies comes across as they're defending him. This needs to be addressed properly or they're going to lose a lot of subs. They've already lost one here, that's for sure!

It's awful, for years there's been allegations against the people that are associated with them from what I've read. Hiding replies comes across as they're defending him. This needs to be addressed properly or they're going to lose a lot of subs. They've already lost one here, that's for sure!
All it takes is one post that’s it. Just saying they are appalled by the allegations the people involved have been told they are not involved anymore and that no further comment as it’s been passed onto local authorities. But nah from what I can see they are trying to bury it and pretend it hasn’t happened just saying you have reported it isn’t enough. End of the day if a friend of mine did anything like what’s been alleged there’s no way on gods green earth I’d keep them as friend. End of the day it’s only hurting the reputation further.

All it takes is one post that’s it. Just saying they are appalled by the allegations the people involved have been told they are not involved anymore and that no further comment as it’s been passed onto local authorities. But nah from what I can see they are trying to bury it and pretend it hasn’t happened just saying you have reported it isn’t enough. End of the day if a friend of mine did anything like what’s been alleged there’s no way on gods green earth I’d keep them as friend. End of the day it’s only hurting the reputation further.
Agreed, and they need to speak out to also give the victims some sort of clarity. I can't imagine how they must be feeling having been essentially shut down by Shawn. People are saying that it's not Shawn's fault but unfortunately by putting the accused on his channel he becomes associated with them, and to my mind he should at least comment on whether he will be featuring them in future videos.
I believe he removed someone from the channel who had allegations made about them before, so I don't see how this is any different.

Agreed, and they need to speak out to also give the victims some sort of clarity. I can't imagine how they must be feeling having been essentially shut down by Shawn. People are saying that it's not Shawn's fault but unfortunately by putting the accused on his channel he becomes associated with them, and to my mind he should at least comment on whether he will be featuring them in future videos.
I believe he removed someone from the channel who had allegations made about them before, so I don't see how this is any different.
I find it more annoying how people are so quick to say it’s just a lie etc etc. End of the day one person spoke up then they hid it quickly then more and more people have spoken up. They have nothing to gain from this apart from the bravely to speak up. Don’t be surprised if more people get brave but then you’ll have many people quick to shoot them down because it’s ruining there favourite YouTube channel. No one knows what’s gone on behind the scenes leading up to this but I’ll be surprised if no one knew about this prior to this. One video obviously not looking good at the moment is Shaun giving the nickname creepy to one of them that’s floating about Twitter at the moment. But the fact of the matter is these vloggers are not celebrity’s they are just you and me average people so when anyone says it must be a lie then I’ll just ask that simple question. What do they gain by lying about this? These vloggers are just the same as you and me they have no celebrity status.

He's probably worried that it will damage his image, so to speak, but appearing with them in a video will just cause more issues, as you said. Plus the longer he keeps quiet about it on social media the more time people have to make up rumours.