• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thirteen: General Discussion

So when visiting adventure world in Perth, I noticed a ride frightfully similar to Alton Towers ride Thirteen theming. However like most Australian parks, it’s actually really made me appreciate the level of theming and execution of rides in the uk. Even if they attempt theming, it’s usually really cheap materials, cheesy, never consistent, bad execution in ride stations and rarely a back story (excuse movie world but it’s still not great and lacks any immersive rides) So surprising I’m giving Merlin some praise

It wouldn’t let me attached the other photos that look similar to Thirteen ideas, but the ride called ABYSS.

3133f7cca46d0e92ae69433fae59f1ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So when visiting adventure world in Perth, I noticed a ride frightfully similar to Thirteen theming. However like most Australian parks, it’s really made me appreciate the level of theming and execution of rides in the uk. Even if they attempt theming, it’s usually really cheap materials, cheesy, never consistent, bad execution in ride stations and rarely a back story (excuse movie world but it’s still not great and lacks any immersive rides) So surprising I’m giving Merlin and uk company’s before some praise.

It wouldn’t let me attached the other photos that look similar to Thirteen ideas, but the ride called ABYSS.

3133f7cca46d0e92ae69433fae59f1ee.jpg

9376923b32b63da65f483b35026f026c.jpg

d8605aa3cfe85286cb94185d0e8a6447.jpg

Feel At least Merlin do a better job than that to hide the station buildings. Inside the station there was no theming no music and just tin walls exposed as too much daylight came in.

Looks like they started theming the building but then had a change of heart or ran out of money. :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
At least with Abyss they actually bothered to put some theming around the ride area, unlike Thirteen. I'm not singing it's praises but the station also looks little worse than The Smilers.

At least with Abyss they actually bothered to put some theming around the ride area, unlike Thirteen. I'm not singing it's praises but the station also looks little worse than The Smilers.
I guess Thirteen does have the forest around it, though, which is arguably theming in itself given the theme of the ride. A ride with Thirteen’s theme probably didn’t require any artificial theming during the outdoor section, as the natural theming was already there.

I’ll admit that that was a very clever design choice on Merlin’s part, in my opinion!

Yeah that’s exactly it going into the forest makes it! Abyss is just on flat ground which isn’t landscaped at all. Which is now mostly dry with dead grass.

Managed to get front row but couldn't see any changes on the track before the lift hill. Difficult to tell if the drive wheels are different though.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk