• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thirteen: General Discussion

I'd have to agree. You've either got to get a permanent solution or genuinely look at replacing it. We're lucky when we don't get rain, so it'd just be completely pointless even having it. I'm not sure what has led to this again, or why they didn't go for a permanent solution in the first place.
Totally agree, admittedly after I first posted around 15 mins later it has started to throw it down yet its quite baffling this ride and weather...

Last edited:
Does it also overspeed in the wet ?
I guess that’s possible. While the effect on a steel coaster will likely not be nearly as pronounced as the effect on a wooden coaster, the rain will lower friction and grease the track more, so given the presence of the big trim on the drop due to it overspeeding in its initial test runs, I wouldn’t be surprised if the potential is there for it to overspeed in the rain.

I was only able to ride in the daytime last week which was a shame, but is the backwards helix darker inside now or is it just me? We couldn't see anything, which is usually the case when it's dark outside.

It's a million times better in the dark. Agree about the drop, it's technically brilliant. Would be interesting to see how big a drop Intamin could pull off with this tech.
I believe it's fairly similar to the technology they use on there drop towers so I dare say they could do a pretty massive drop if a park really wanted it, not sure any park would actually order a drop much bigger than the current ones though. You'd get a similar experience just a bit longer, not sure people would really notice enough to justify the extra cost.

It's a million times better in the dark. Agree about the drop, it's technically brilliant. Would be interesting to see how big a drop Intamin could pull off with this tech.

Spoilers for Hagrids motorcyle rollercoaster

I was disappointed by the same effect on Hagrids as you enter the drop backwards and see where you’ve come from and it ruins the effect seeing the track