• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thirteen: General Discussion

As far as I know they had “fixed” the issue with it running in the rain last closed season, as it’s definitely opened this year in the rain. But clearly however they fixed it hasn’t actually fixed it and I assume they’ve had another issue which is why it can’t open in the rain again.

they really do need a proper solution over winter.

Regarding the original trim placement I was under the impression it wasn't so much the speed it hit lift 2, more the time it took to get there causing the ride to lose its mind and shut down. That's why the trim is right at the start; at the end of the outdoor section it'd slow it down at that point but not meaningfully reduce the time it took to reach the lift hill. It seems the tyre drive is not variable speed, so the ride has a choice of shutting down or breaching the block into the drop if it keeps running. I might be entirely misinformed mind!

With the sensitivity at the park of mid ride shutdowns and the absolute faff now required to get things moving again I can imagine if there is a liklihood of frequent block based shutdowns they'd just shut the ride.

With coasters running faster in the rain is that the cause of the wet closures? I really really struggle to believe that the tyres themselves are the problem when there are countless tyre drive coasters around the world without this problem, and the relatively cheap and simple fix would just be done.

Depends on the number of tyres, cost of replacement tyres, and frequency of changes.
Does not mean simple, cheap and easy.
Fitters working on high, outside normal working hours...how many drive tyres on the ride exactly...come on now geeks...how many?
Kwik fit don't do callouts cheap at night!

Not sure what the issue with Th13teen and the rain is, but it is shocking that a ride has to be closed due to a little bit of drizzle

Credit to the team for trying to get the ride to open yesterday and it was nice of the ride host to say sorry as everyone left the queue, but there is no reason why this should be happening with a coaster that had a very wet opening day.

Just leaves a very negative impression.

Not sure what the issue with Th13teen and the rain is, but it is shocking that a ride has to be closed due to a little bit of drizzle

Credit to the team for trying to get the ride to open yesterday and it was nice of the ride host to say sorry as everyone left the queue, but there is no reason why this should be happening with a coaster that had a very wet opening day.

Just leaves a very negative impression.
Needs sorting permanently or removing, it's as simple as that.

Very strangely it ran yesterday in drizzle and small amounts of rain. As soon as the heavier stuff came down it was closed.

Did it once yesterday in the dark and the outdoor section with that trim is very boring, even in pitch black.

I can appreciate the surprise element as that’s excellent. Just needs the rain issue and trim problem resolving to make it good again.

Very strangely it ran yesterday in drizzle and small amounts of rain. As soon as the heavier stuff came down it was closed.

Did it once yesterday in the dark and the outdoor section with that trim is very boring, even in pitch black.

I can appreciate the surprise element as that’s excellent. Just needs the rain issue and trim problem resolving to make it good again.
Do other rides with wheel hills have the same problems - I can't think I have seen them closed for showers - surely it wouldnt be that difficult to retrofit a chain lifthill?

We attempted to ride mid-afternoon shortly after it re-opened from a previous closure (which I'd assumed was weather-related). It stopped operating again at the first hint of drizzle immediately after we entered the queue. As the advertised 0 minute queue was in fact more like 40 we didn't stick around to see how long it was going to be closed

Do other rides with wheel hills have the same problems - I can't think I have seen them closed for showers - surely it wouldnt be that difficult to retrofit a chain lifthill?

Can’t recall any?

It’s not even that complicated. An anti-rollback would suffice surely? Something to click over each step it takes up the hill surely, like all other coasters?

It has operated in the rain this season as I’ve been on it (May time). Must be as simple as tyre wear. Don’t think changing them would be a quick job as there is so many of them.

Magnetic ARBs might help. I have been on a coaster that slipped in the rain (Accelerator) and it isn't fun. Cannonball also can be known to suffer.

Anyone thought it may actually be down the the rollercoaster speeding up when it rains? Or perhaps the trim brakes being less effective? Might have nothing to do with the lift hill?

Anyone thought it may actually be down the the rollercoaster speeding up when it rains? Or perhaps the trim brakes being less effective? Might have nothing to do with the lift hill?
I'm pretty sure it is, as there was an incident a while back where a train slipped off the first lift in rain and bumped the train in the station.

I'm pretty sure it is, as there was an incident a while back where a train slipped off the first lift in rain and bumped the train in the station.
I was aware of the incident I just can't fathom why they haven't come up with a permanent repair or why this wasn't an issue in the past?