• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

Sure, that's just what they want you to think. Next thing it'll be a D notice on mentioning any ride breakdowns! IT'S A CONSPIRACY AND YOU ARE ALL A PART OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suspect there will be no more original creativity in any of Thorpe's attractions for the foreseeable future, with IPs such as this being resorted to. A shame really.

Derren Brown tweeted this saying "Something new is brewing"
CSFNUrPXAAAGCeu.jpg

Which looks a lot like this
CSBvcIgWcAEyecO.png

Both of which look like they are supposed to represent train track, as in London Underground.

Derren Brown tweeted this saying "Something new is brewing"
CSFNUrPXAAAGCeu.jpg

Which looks a lot like this
CSBvcIgWcAEyecO.png

Both of which look like they are supposed to represent train track, as in London Underground.

That's some impressive detective work!

Grrrr. Really frustrating that some people seem to know exactly what all this is about and I'm still completely in the dark. The announcement tomorrow better give some heavy details away.

Apparently you walk into a room and Derren Brown appears on a big screen. He says 'Look into my eyes, look into my eyes, the eyes, the eyes, not around the eyes, don't look around my eyes, look into my eyes, you're under. You're going to buy lots of Fast Tracks and pointless VIP upgrades that no one important would ever bother with. When you go home you'll tell all your friends about your amazing day at Thorpe Park. You'll tell them we had short queues, amazing theming maintained to the highest degree, every ride was working and we have lots of live entertainment. Three, two, one... You're back in the room. A couple of doors swing open and everyone walks out through the gift shop.

In seriousness Thorpe Park are one of only a couple of British theme parks capable of investing on this level, and Merlin have done some decent rides and Derren Brown's a great entertainer, so between them I hope they come up with something decent. Derren Brown's a great magician, but he's also very funny, so hopefully there'll be some humour along the way. It's impossible to say at this stage how good it'll be, but I'm certainly intrigued. Something not many British rides have done recently. I'm genuinely excited to see what they come up with. When it does open I'll try not to read any reviews until I ride it, as this is one of those rides I think it'd be good to do without knowing much about it. And if it is something they've been working on for three years, that's a positive, as that sounds like a reasonable length of time to develop a new ride.

Last edited:
If you are viewing the site on a smart device try swiping in different direction, you'll unlock stuff. I did up, up, down, down, right.

I'm not yet sure what to think of this IP (if we can even call it that). I guess it is something very different...

It may just be Derren doing the marketing but the ride not even involve him?

Just had an email from Thorpe confirming it's Derren Brown, as have a lot of you I guess.

I was never particularly excited or interested in this ride as none of the rumoured IPs do anything for me, Derren Brown included.

However out of them all this has the most chance of him being involved with the marketing only with a unique storyline that he can be dropped from in the future once the word has spread and begun to get people through the doors if that makes sense. Whereas Halo or Dr Who we would be stuck with forever and with no original story/theme.

Reactions: Tom
It will be a gimmick that is constantly attacked for cost reductions after its first season.

It may just be Derren doing the marketing but the ride not even involve him?

Pretty sure he is involved in the attraction.

IN A WORLD’S FIRST DERREN BROWN THE MASTER OF MANIPULATION PROMISES TO TAKE YOU ON A JOURNEY INTO DISTORTED EXISTENCE. PREPARE TO LOSE YOUR MIND WITH A PSYCHOLOGICAL ATTRACTION LIKE NO OTHER.

AT THE HEART OF THE ISLAND YOU DISCOVER A DISUSED WAREHOUSE. IT HAS BEEN CHOSEN BY DERREN AS THE PERFECT PLACE TO EMBARK ON A TWISTED JOURNEY WHERE THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN FEAR AND FUN IS STRANGELY BLURRED.

YOU’LL BE OUT OF YOUR MIND TO MISS IT...

ARRIVING 2016. ONLY AT THORPE PARK RESORT.