• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

It's the start of the Konami code.... Probably just used for generic video game reference though

I've put the Konami code in on the http://mindswanted.co.uk and this is what comes up.

7L99lQy.png

Just gone on the minds wanted website on a computer rather than a tablet (so I can type the code). Who just types that randomly to find THAT out? ;)

Sorry to be so pessimistic before we know anything at all, but with a statement like that I really feel they're setting us up for disappointment.

Sorry to be so pessimistic before we know anything at all, but with a statement like that I really feel they're setting us up for disappointment.
It almost seems like they don't know what the ride will be nor what it will be themed to, reading that statement again...

OK, I'm not suggesting an IP as it would be unknown to modern audiences, but there is a 1967 Hammer Horror movie called Quatermass and the Pit based upon the 1950's serial.

The movie tells the story of one Bernard Quatermass, an eccentric scientist and founding member of the 'British Space Programme'

During routine excavation for an expansion of The London Underground, a mysterious alien artifact is discovered (a Merlin standby if ever there was one). The artifact is an alien spacecraft buried for 5 million years and in it are the bodies of aliens who are the ancestors of modern humans and who have influenced our development. The aliens conjure up memories and illusions sending the masses insane and exerting mind control. The Devil himself makes an appearance late in the movie towering over the London skyline like Godzilla.

Though the special affects and production are low budget and cannot live up to the epic story, the movie has none of the campness of other hammer movies. It is gritty and realistic and though not set in Victorian times, much of the imagery reminds me of the concepts for WC16.

This is a great horror movie, watched alone late at night, with both psychological and jump scares a plenty.

Now I'm not suggesting that Merlin would use an IP largely unknown in the current day other than by geeks like myself...

...But the setting, the imagery, the concept are so similar in many ways. I googled to see if a remake of the movie was on the cards for 2015, but can find no evidence of this.

If Merlin are not using an IP but creating a fantasy of their own, it would not surprise me in the least if this movie has influenced the design team.

A journey through the London underground and London itself surrounded by a war between the army, the aliens and the devil himself with modern special effects and a huge budget could be incredible and play out like an escape scene from a Hollywood blockbuster.

There may be no influence on WC16 at all, but either way, turn out the lights, watch the movie alone at midnight, in the dark with the volume turned up.

YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED.

Where have all the posts gone?

Jamie,

We are aware some posts seem to have disappeared... OOOOOOooooooOooooOooooO!!! SPOOKY!!

For reasons of commercial sensitivity we have removed them - stay tuned over the next few weeks ;)

I'm stating (not implying) that we have acted upon a polite request to hold off from some information being revealed for the time being. We've done it a small number of times before for other major projects, and this is no different :).

Seconded. We don't always bow to requests to remove content, and in the past we have held firm. This request is for a short period of time to allow the project to be marketed as intended :) no biggy!