• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

I'm sure they've thought about throughputs.

You say this, but look at previous major projects.

The likes of Kobra, Smiler, I'm a Celebrity have all been installed at Merlin parks with woeful throughputs compared to what they need to cope with the guests on a medium or busy day.

Here's hoping.

But surly to most that is part of the thrill. I just hope they have a system to make the ride run smooth, down time will kill this ride. It sounds like it must flow floorlessly or the whole illusion will be lost.

The throughput of Air was typically 1,150 to 1,200 per hour prior to 2016.

This is fine.

Smiler, on the other hand tends to hover just below 1,000 based on a 4 or 5 train service - a good 15 to 20% lower than Air.

Of course, Galactica is down to around 6-700...

:)

Air was never designed for VR so it's irrelevant to DBGT, it was obvious the throughput would be dire when it was announced, no big shock there.

The good thing about DBGT is that it has been developed with VR in mind. Galactica is just a former ride with VR thrown on top, Air was never designed for that.

Even if this will just be a glorified simulator, I'm interested in seeing how all the elements work as one
I dont see multiple trains for this - and given the train is nearly the length of the building, it would be impossible for it to exit while another comes in its place. Reading that review on the previous page makes me feel that the chains will be connected to motors which will pull the carriage in different directions to create a moving/out of control/crashing feeling. I can see it would spin in any way as the chains are attached and there is no central pillar attached to the carriage. Also, there are no restraints as such, just that yellow bar which snaps down infront of you as you sit facing each other....

This thing is going to have some horrendous queues!

I've been following the thread on Thorpe Park Mania, and a lot of members on there seem to think the train only fills a very small part of the warehouse, that's why most people believe there are multiple trains and a transit system involved.

I remember years back when I went on Back to the future, if you looked around instead of the screen, you could see multiple cars all in the same auditorium.

Wonder if there's a few trains and it works similar.

Everyone is in agreement that the Ghostbusters reboot is going to be an abomination, but somehow a ride is different? It'll suck.

Everyone? I think it looks quite good :D

Of course, I will reserve judgement until I've actually seen it though :p

I for one am looking forward to DBGT. If his theater shows are anything to go by then we are in for a treat. By the sounds of the leaks it's multicar and I'd prefer the experience over rushing you through like NST. Remember this is a 11-15 minute experience, the closest thing we have to that here in the UK is Hex and Duel and Val. I really hope and have faith in DB that this will blow minds.

Thorpe are viewing this as a major ride equivalent to any of their coasters. The capacity will have been designed to be equal to or greater than 1000 guests an hour, and it's not opening with Fastrack either.

My initial impressions from what I've seen so far is "surely they can't have spent £xx million on all of this?". (Perhaps Derren Brown's latest trick is to extort as much money as possible from a theme park operator.)

I won't get chance to ride it for a while, but I just hope whatever has been developed lives up to expectations. If a ride with a budget of this scale disappoints, there really isn't much hope left for future Merlin rides.

My initial impressions from what I've seen so far is "surely they can't have spent £xx million on all of this?"
But the thing that makes me curious is what gives you that impression, when no-one (really) knows what's inside the building, or what constitutes the whole attraction?

Reactions: Tim