• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

*yawn* is it too early to wake up and moan about how crap it is?

Ill hibernate until July then. *night Derren Brown Gash Train*

This is really ridiculous now. Surely it'd be better to wait a few months and advertise it as their 'New for 2017' attraction.

This is really ridiculous now. Surely it'd be better to wait a few months and advertise it as their 'New for 2017' attraction.
Folks complain when they build a cookie cutter ride that opens on time, folks complain when they throw vast sums of money at the project and build something revolutionary that has a few snags.

Stuff happens. The world keeps turning. Never been late for anything?

Folks complain when they build a cookie cutter ride that opens on time, folks complain when they throw vast sums of money at the project and build something revolutionary that has a few snags.

Stuff happens. The world keeps turning. Never been late for anything?

Yes, but there's late and then there's LATE. This ride is over a month late and there's still no clear sign of when it'll be open yet. I appreciate the need to make sure the ride is perfect before opening it and think it's much better to open a ride slightly late to ensure it's at the highest possible standard, but how bad must it have been to be this delayed? Why give a May opening date if there was no way they'd be able to keep to it? The whole thing's even more embarrassing when you consider the ride was due to open in May, which in itself is two months late.

And as for me, yes of course I've been late, yet I've never said I was going to be somewhere by late May and then still not turned up by mid June.

The whole thing's even more embarrassing when you consider the ride was due to open in May, which in itself is two months late.
Where's your logic in this? Why does a ride need to necessarily open for the start of a season? Think you'll find that many, many new attractions worldwide at forerunner parks open mid year.

I think the length of the delay is irrelevant, they are building an innovative ride with new features
How can anyone say for definite it will take x amount of time
They tried to do the right thing by announcing an opening date but it wasn't ready big deal... Imo it's more important to get the ride spot on before opening rather than opening it half done just to please people who are impatient
Just my thoughts

It really isn't bothering me any more, I look forward to it opening when it opens and I think they've done the right thing by not announcing a date again for fear of running over it.

Like others have said I'd rather it open as late as it needs to be and be a world class ride rather than them rushing to open it, elements not working properly, and it being slated by the press and general public.

Where's your logic in this? Why does a ride need to necessarily open for the start of a season? Think you'll find that many, many new attractions worldwide at forerunner parks open mid year.

I'm not saying it needs to open two months earlier, but the fact that it's May instead of March means there's been two additional months of preparation gone into it so there's less excuse for delays. The same was true of The Smiler. And I never once stated that rides aren't known to open midway into the season, so I'm struggling to see what you find so illogical about my post.

Lightening Rod was the best part of 3 months late opening but you don't see people complaining now that it is open, it's getting incredible reviews and was well worth the wait. Arthur opened very late at EP and the new Ireland area is between one and two months behind schedule.

These things are frustrating but they are quickly forgotten once the ride has opened.

:)

I'm not saying it needs to open two months earlier, but the fact that it's May instead of March means there's been two additional months of preparation gone into it so there's less excuse for delays. The same was true of The Smiler. And I never once stated that rides aren't known to open midway into the season, so I'm struggling to see what you find so illogical about my post.
Well then, if it were planned to complete in March, then they have two additional months of preparation compared to if they planned completion in January ;)

People are saying its crap

And the person who said this is getting to go on it again Monday wtf?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Towers Times

EDIT:

Apparently had to sign waivers to say they wouldn't blab.

Guess what..... They've blabbed.