• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

Towers Times

EDIT:

Apparently had to sign waivers to say they wouldn't blab.

Guess what..... They've blabbed.
Typical TT ;) :p It's going to be like Derren Browns shows if you enjoy his content you'll enjoy his ride.

Heard lots of people saying that galactica was crap before I tried it and was pleasantly surprised, same with sub terra and submission (yes, I actually liked it). Not going to make my decision on it before I ride, especially if that decision would be based on what a few people on towers times have said. Glad it's finally opening though. Hopefully they've actually finished the ride by now.

I don't tend to pay too much attention to review. This ride has the potential to be one of the top dark rides in the world or it could be a massive flop. From the small amount of information we've had I think it will be good. All the information given is all what TP and Darren want to come out and will hope for as few spoilers in main stream media as possible.

The original Sub Terra was what was heavily criticised - without the live actors and the monster attack on the lift. It was generally considered to be a lot better when these modifications were made.

Reading through that has made me much more hopeful for the ride. Still a bit concerned about throughputs though.

I don't think there's any chance of it opening this weekend, it's still not quite ready.

Typical Merlin, there had to be a shipping container used in this ride somewhere. Joking aside, this does actually sound very good. I look forward to riding later this year.

I hate to be 'that guy' but, if you're reading the spoilers, don't post reaction to them here that infers what they say.

Fair enough - I would suggest that other people do believe in spoilers, I wasn't meaning for me, but whatever.

Sounds quite good although like said it sounds very Sub-Terra. Doubt they could operate this without actors though so hopefully money has been put in place to ensure this attraction runs fully from 2017 onwards and they don't simply forget about it, make more cuts next year and Thorpe are forced to cut actors/corners to keep it running.

The creatures thing isn't surprising, but then CGI isn't that easy for theme parks to pull off and look realistic.

Last edited:
I've not read the spoiler but from people's reactions I'm a little more optimistic about this now and starting to get excited. I was one of the biggest moaners about it not opening on time as it cost me money... But when a ride doesn't have a date for opening its even more exciting.

It's going to be another week or two before an opening yet judging by yesterday.