• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

Doesn't give anything away about the ride other than how they filmed the actors for the virtual reality segments, as well as one of the Figment eggheads admitting he doesn't think the VR is quite up to the standards it needs to be.

He's right.

Yeah, when one of the creators says VR isn't quite ready yet, that's not a good sign.

Can't believe he actually said that, even if it's true. When a client pays you to develop a product for them, you don't start talking about how naff the end result is in their publicity pieces!

I think he means VR in general isn't up to scratch to pull off the experience that DBGT intended, and I certainly agree for the second half of it. I can see it getting much better down the line and some parks will work wonders with it.

People on park at weekend: How is it looking for opening this week? What rides across the park are likely to be down this weekend (any rides that are having long term closures)? What is the best way to go round the park if its busy (what rides to run to and what do I want to wait until park close)? Sorry, lot of questions, but I've only been to Thorpe once and it was quiet.

How is it looking for opening this week?

I wouldn't expect it to. From what I hear it won't be open for at least another couple of weeks, but there's not harm in hoping. There have been previews for hotel guests over the last few days, but it seems there are still a fair amount of issues to be ironed out. When Derren last rode it, he marked it as 6/10. Make of that what you will.

What is the best way to go round the park if its busy

Make sure you arrive at 9:30 and as soon as the park opens, head for either Colossus or Saw. If Colossus has a queue, go to Saw as we did yesterday, and we were straight into the station. Even though the rides are advertised to open at 10am, if a ride is signed off it could open as early as 9:30. The Swarm always gets a massive queue at the start and middle of the day, but by mid-afternoon - and certainly later on in the day - the queue can be as short as 10 minutes.

The park was really busy yesterday, such that everything had a queue of 50-80 minutes for most of the day, however from about 4:30, we managed to get on Inferno, Colossus and Stealth, queueing no more than 15 minutes for each.

:)

What rides across the park are likely to be down this weekend (any rides that are having long term closures)?
Get on Colossus first as it will have huge queues all day, only 1 train operation and 4 seats on that train are down. Stealth also seems to be having problems, it was down for the majority of the day today.

From the exterior DBGT looks brilliant and the shop is done to a very high standard. This bodes well for the theming inside, it is not your typical Merlin installation. A pity that it is not yet open but it sounds like they are having real problems getting it working as it should.

One gripe at the moment. You're standing by the entrance to the ride with the custom soundtrack playing and it is all quite atmospheric, well, apart from the new Nitrogenie shipping container outlet blasting our pop music at a higher volume than the DBGT music just a few yards away. How can this be allowed to happen?

From the exterior DBGT looks brilliant and the shop is done to a very high standard. This bodes well for the theming inside, it is not your typical Merlin installation. A pity that it is not yet open but it sounds like they are having real problems getting it working as it should.

One gripe at the moment. You're standing by the entrance to the ride with the custom soundtrack playing and it is all quite atmospheric, well, apart from the new Nitrogenie shipping container outlet blasting our pop music at a higher volume than the DBGT music just a few yards away. How can this be allowed to happen?

Nitrogenie and their modern pop music represents everything that is wrong with Merlin parks. It's the same outside Duel at Alton Towers :mad: Completely ruins the mood of gloomy wood.

I am going for the MOS night on the 23rd. It looks like it will be touch and go as to whether it will be open or not.

Nitrogenie and their modern pop music represents everything that is wrong with Merlin parks. It's the same outside Duel at Alton Towers :mad: Completely ruins the mood of gloomy wood.
In fairness, I have never noticed it at the one at Towers. I'm not calling you a liar or anything, but even if it is there, it's nowhere near as loud as the one at Thorpe.

Is saw alive still open in replacement of DBGT? How good is it as a maze in comparison to towers ones last year?