• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

Is there a track? Some warehouses make use of automated selfdrive elevated platforms. If a track was to be used I imagine that there is enough spaces for four trains. Image taken from the TT forum website, this is probably the most accurate explanation The only thing is, the Victorian carriage shell is position in the rectangle box with the cross in and not where the red rectangle is shown. So the train moves down and sideways before it moves forwards.
5730e8bc91.png

Can't find the spoiler tag on the mobile version so if you haven't been on don't read what's below.

How many train are there, I think there is 4 because as I'm on the first half I can hear screams from the train coming back, also when w are waiting for people to come off I can hear more screaming.

Click on insert (The icon for this is third (right) from the smiler face icon on your reply box (it looks like a word document icon). Click on that and then click on spoiler.

It doesn't feel that difficult to comprehend.
You board the train, it travels in a straight line to the second platform. You get off the train.
You return to the train after the faux crash. It returns down the same line to a mid point.
You then transfer onto a second track. The trains pass each other after this.
You return down the second track until it is in line with the Victorian carriage facade.
You slide back into the Victorian carriage facade on a second transfer track.

This isn't what happens. You're close, but not quite there. :)

Well tell us what it does???

See my spoiler in the above post (1:02pm #1082)

However, I might be mistaken for the carriage descending to a lower level. Studying the plans, the carriage could quiet easily stay on the same level. This means that a second mirror would be needed on the end of the carriage facing where you first enter the warehouse. The mirror will need to be below the carriage as well as blocking the gap in-between the carriage and the rear wall. The chains and pillars are carefully place to hide where the mirror starts.

Also a video explaining the use of mirrors in magic. The DBGT would have two vertical mirrors, one facing the entrance where you come into the warehouse from the pre-show and the other facing the exit where you leave the warehouse to the shop.

Last edited:
Having ridden it again, I would like to say this: I take back every criticism I had previously. It was honestly one of the best dark ride experiences I've had since Tower of Terror. Sorry, fairly lengthy review, but I've tried to summarize how it was different to the experience during technical rehearsals.
unfortunately, my experience this time started with the worst organised queue line I've ever witnessed. The ride was down until about 4:30 and had gathered a large queue. They decided to let us all into the extended queue line - at once. This resulted in a crush to get 200+ people through a single file gate (the queue time instantly jumped from 0-150 minutes). The queue was slow moving, and they really need to turn the audio down slightly in areas.

Eventually though, after queuing half an hour, we were let into the introduction room. They told us to fill all floor space, we were allowed up to the railings or on the platform at the back. The actors were brilliant throughout this time, and much more helpful. In the introduction, the staff provided jump scares of their own: hitting objects as they walked past making loud bangs, and they just generally improved the atmosphere.

The introduction itself was as good as last time, I felt the same tension as I did the first time. We clearly had a lot of first time riders in our batch (we were possibly the only ones to be having our second ride). We walked straight through the waiting area after the introduction, and went immediately onto the boarding platform.

Only we didn't get on the train. Our group had been over batched (several headsets had gone down), meaning four of us had to wait for the next one. I wasn't disappointed though, I watched and listened to the train leaving, took some photos, then saw the next one arrive. The staff apologized, and let us take our seats before allowing the next group on.

My opinion of the VR has changed entirely. It was far, far better this time. Almost believable, immersive graphics, and glitch free rides. The headset fit comfortably over glasses, and the staff had told me while I was waiting on the platform how to adjust the headset lenses. The knee grabbing was the same as before, but it was clear that the staff were watching us, observing who would easily give as scream, learning who to target later on.

The fracking scene was as good as before, with the grown man in front of me pointing at me and yelling "how is she alright in here, how are you laughing at this?". One person genuinely jumped across the room when the train came towards us, taking the actors seriously and sprinting back into the train.

We ran back to the train, ready for what was last time the weakest part of the ride. I went in with low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised. My only criticism this time was that we had the blank green screen for at least three minutes. It was fun though, the actors had observed that there was a particular group of girls who were terrified, screaming every time their knee was touched, so the staff sat opposite them, and just kept going for them... that was until they saw that I had taken my headset partly off and was watching them. It seems they had noticed that I was enjoying the ride, being one of the few on board not scared. I think they gathered that I'd ridden before, so took a new approach to get a scream from me.

They were successful. I expected a knee grab. They knew this, so instead, one of them put their hand around my neck. I wasn't expecting it, I screamed.

I found the second section much more fulfilling this time. The ride felt like it was over, unlike before that left me thinking "is that it". The graphics may not be perfect, and the story's little far fetched, but it felt like a £30 million dark ride. It felt like a ride that was worth an hour queue.

Unfortunately, they were having issues with the photos. Our ticket didn't have any photos loaded onto it. This didn't matter though, as they were still did not have the jars in stock, and we were rushed past the first photo point.

Overall though, much better than last time. It is extremely immersive if the headsets work properly, and the sets are impressive.

Also, I saw some of the best reactions from people this time
it seems the knee grabbing has backfired on the actors. As I mentioned before, the actors targeted a certain group. They may have taken it a little too far though, as the one girl started kicking out violently, it was dark, so I'm not sure, but I think one of the actors was hit.

Another man sat opposite me also didn't appreciate the knee grabbing. He loudly shouted "they just touched me up! (Many expletives) I feel violated!" (Many, many more expletives)"

And as I said earlier, knee grabbing didn't work on some people (like me). So the staff switched to neck touching instead. I'll leave you to decide what to make of that. I'm not sure it was a good thing.

And you can comfortably wear glasses on the ride.

I don't know. It says the actors will touch you, it never states that they will only touch your legs. Saw them going for arms and hands as well. Neck touching isn't pleasant though, especially when there whole hand goes around your neck.

I don't know. It says the actors will touch you, it never states that they will only touch your legs. Saw them going for arms and hands as well. Neck touching isn't pleasant though, especially when there whole hand goes around your neck.
i think it's only a matter of time before a guest (most likely someone whose a physical abuse victim) takes it really seriously and alleges that they were almost choked, which would most probably get the actor in question in to serious trouble.

I don't mind really. I'm pretty certain they only went foe me because I was going along with it. I know lots of people might take it the wrong way, but I think they knew I was enjoying it and not reacting to the scares.

i think it's only a matter of time before a guest (most likely someone whose a physical abuse victim) takes it really seriously and alleges that they were almost choked, which would most probably get the actor in question in to serious trouble.

They're being filmed so footage can be checked,

It clearly says on the sign outside that actors will touch you and you're told in the brief that actors will touch you. Anyone claiming something happened (which won't as no actor would choke a guest) wouldn't be believed without evidence.

If you don't already know Leah, the green screen on the 2nd half is holding time loop (the first half holding time is black screen with people screaming in the background)