• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

You are thinking of "Flug der dämonen" which translate to "Flight of the demons"

The "Rise of the Demon" from what I can google is a video game. It's only speculation on the SouthParks part that this could be linked to the DBGT, like you said it could be for something totally different

SouthParks Face Book page said:
Merlin Entertainments have submitted a new trademark for 'Rise of the Demon'.

Whilst it is not clear at this stage what precisely this is for, could it be a clue to the new destination coming to Derren Brown's Ghost Train at THORPE PARK Official in 2017?

Roy :)

Last edited:
You are thinking of "Flug der dämonen" which translate to "Flight of the demons"

The "Rise of the Demon" from what I can google is a video game. It's only speculation on the SouthParks part that this could be linked to the DBGT, like you said it could be for something totally different
I stand corrected then. wouldn't be the first time merlin have used a very similar name for their rides *cough* oblivion.

I just hope they don't try and save this by drastically changing the storyline. For the most part it was very good, with only the second section needing any improvements.

Haha, clearly a publicity stunt, there's no way they planned on airing that at prime time over Christmas! :tearsofjoy:

The letter mentions making 'ROTD deeper and darker.' What could ROTD refer to? A new version of the ride, or a new ride all together? Some media around the ride?

'Rise of the Demon'

SouthParks FB are reporting that Merlin Entertainments have submitted a new trademark for 'Rise of the Demon'. They are also suggesting that this could have something to do with the new DBGT destination ?

I thought it was decent, apart from the really long queuing time, the fact that the train looked old on the outside, but new on the inside, and the scene with the big alien creature was a bit dodgy. Oh actually, I didn't personally like the live actor part either. Other than that, just needs a few tweaks I reckon. Not a great experience, but was pretty decent. A few tweaks could make it a really good experience. Not being funny either.

Okay, so I've not experience DBGT as I was there in May last year during the long opening delay when nobody really knew what was happening. I'm not local to Thorpe Park so haven't managed to get back since - and probably won't any time soon.

However, as I understood it and from walk-throughs I've seen on YouTube, it's a short VR experience on a motion platform (the carriage) with sections of live action. But surely if they'd added a 'new ending' or 'story' or whatever you'd call it (Rise of the Demon), does this mean the old story is gone or they'll run parallel? Is that building big enough to support two live action sequences? Or is it a case that the station building is a facade and the bulk of the ride happens underground?

Plus, when have they had time to do this? It usually takes the best part of a year to add a major development to a ride, they can't have done all of this just during closed season. Did the ride close early last year/opening later this season?

Isn't it more of a 'slide' action? It slides between the rooms, is as far as I understand it? I'd heard something about there being 3 trains, for capacity though. Are there also 3 live action sequences, or do they just time it right?