• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

I'm probably drawing my attention to completely the wrong thing, but why on twitter did they use an anagram for derren brown (drew bronner)? Considering that they announced derren browns involvement in the project almost a year ago, I don't see the point.

Kind of excited to see what happens with this though. While I've already done the ride a couple of times, it's still one of the most interesting things to come out of the uk this year.

I couldn't really care any less about this extra content for DBGT although hopefully it will give the ride more variety. I'd rather them sort the stupid issue for sitting in green mist for ages wondering if the thing is broken than adding new conent.

:)

This was uploaded earlier tonight.

Doesn't really tell us much new but it's interesting that Thorpe Park are acknowledging that the changes to the ride they're implementing are a result of guest feedback. Thorpe are clearly disappointed with the GP's reaction to DGBT.

Fair play to them for admitting that it wasn't what people were expecting and trying to fix it. I would imagine they will do a Sub-Terra style ending with a few scare actors, but It would be good to see the actual ride working properly with full capacity and working headsets. I imagine the closed season gives them a good amount of time to iron out all the issues.

Will be hilarious if all that changes is they whack a scaremaze on the end with some actor in it...

We know how well that turned out last time ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viral outbreak does sound like it could be a scare maze with infected people like Sub-Terra. Although I do like the idea that they may have used the lifts from Charlie and the chocolate factory for the new ending.

Viral outbreak does sound like it could be a scare maze with infected people like Sub-Terra. Although I do like the idea that they may have used the lifts from Charlie and the chocolate factory for the new ending.

I keep seeing this, but they were just motion platforms. I can't see the relevance to DBGT. In what exact way would they be used, in your mind?

Last edited:
I keep seeing this, but they were just motion platforms. I can't see the relevance to LGBT. In what exact way would they be used, in your mind?

Like they are in Charlie and the chocolate factory, with the screens simulating going down underground, and with the demons trying to break into the lifts to get you. Sort of like the second lift on sub-terra, but actually being able to see the Demons trying to get in. It would work because it isn't to dissimilar to VR. Just don't know how they would work it into it though, you get off the train the same place you get on, and don't go down to get to it so not sure getting into the lift from there would make any sense. There could possibly be 2 scenarios in the live action part. One where you get into a lift after the first train part, and the other you get back onto the train. And they just alternate between them. That would seem to match up with the wording they are using, deeper, darker, new destination.

Last edited:
Just a quick post 'officially' as it were. Just to say that like many places, asking for likes in exchange for posting information is not deemed acceptable on TowersStreet.

The like facility is there for thanking someone for their existing post, not in a way of some sort of virtual 'payment' in lieu of further posts/information. Now back on topic of Thorpe Park please :)

Right, as all of the previously posted content has since been deleted I have removed other related posts that look totally out of place to anyone who didn't know what was going on!

Deleting posts always leaves other members posts somewhat in limbo and is not really advisable.

Anyway, please do feel free to carry on with any discussion regarding Derren Browns not so scary Ghost Train!

Thorpe/Merlin probably would've wanted it taken down anyway, as it would ruin.... Something...

Even though the ride system is just an Immersive Tunnel with transfer tracks... Not like it's GOT to be a secret...

THORPE PARK have given an update in their blog on Derren Brown's Ghost Train for the 2017 season:
THORPE PARK!!! said:
Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon will be departing from Thorpe Junction very shortly. You’ll have to wait until 7 March for an official opening date but I thought I’d take a moment today to give you as MUCH new information as I possibly can without spoiling it for you (you’ll just have to come down to ride and see for yourself!). So, here’s what we CAN tell you:

Derren Brown’s Ghost Train: Rise of the Demon is going to be deeper, darker and more intense. But what does that mean exactly?

Deeper

The eagle eyed among you will have noticed that this time around we’re going even deeper into the chilling depths of the unknown, both mentally AND physically. We won’t go into too much detail (as we said, don’t want to ruin the fun for you!) but expect to enter realms unexplored in Derren Brown’s Ghost Train as your train is diverted down an entirely different route…

Darker

Yep, we heard you. Derren Brown’s Ghost Train just wasn’t scary enough. Looks like we underestimated just how much fear you guys can handle! We’ve taken a look at where the fear can be dialled up a notch for Rise of the Demon and, well, let’s just say we think your thirst for fear will be quite satisfied! Nerve shattering tension is on route.

More Intense

We always want to bring you the most cutting edge tech we can in our new rides, and part of this means pioneering some of the ride technology ourselves here at the park! Parts of what make DBGT such a unique and incredible experience were actually developed during the creation of the attraction and had never been seen before at any theme park in the world. A big plus of that is that we are able to update this when newer technology becomes available, meaning a more intense experience for you.

We hope that’s answered a few of your questions for now. In the meantime, continue to join in the fun of guessing what exactly is coming in Rise of the Demon and revel in the anticipation of the unknown (that’s all part of the fun isn’t it?!) And please, keep sending us your questions as we love to know what you think.

Until next time Islanders,

Jordan

Official THORPE PARK Resort Blogger

What's that? An official opening date needs to be announced? Did it not officially open last season!? If this opens late again this year then it is going to be rather hilarious. Are the changes being made so dramatic that it takes longer than a closed season to complete. I doubt it. However if so I am expecting something significantly better and more impressive than what I rode last year.

What's that? An official opening date needs to be announced? Did it not officially open last season!? If this opens late again this year then it is going to be rather hilarious. Are the changes being made so dramatic that it takes longer than a closed season to complete. I doubt it. However if so I am expecting something significantly better and more impressive than what I rode last year.

There is a lot of work to be done that has gone unsaid, namely the vast amount of effort that is going in to getting the ride system performing semi-reliably. It was still more than a little hit and miss during the dying days of last season.

I'd much rather it opened in May and worked as they hoped than them open it on opening day for it all to crash and burn, again. This could be one of the most exciting rides in the UK, but there's more trial and error involved than in almost any other ride that we've seen on these shores for a long time, perhaps ever.

I understand the cynicism to a degree @Rob, but it must be so tiring!