• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park 2017: DBGT: Rise of The Demon

Or on a more serious less offensive note...
Wouldn't it be a more obvious suggestion that their codename of "Project Whitechapel" wasn't that coded and it is actually Jack the Ripper themed? A theme that has been rather controversial since this attractions conception.....
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-salacious-misogynist-rubbish-london-east-end
http://www.museumsassociation.org/m...pper-museum-maintains-security-after-protests

Unless theres a reason I've missed that this has been discounted?

Possible and would fit in with "the dark secret" and Victorian stuff, but what about distorting your mind and "automatons". It also wouldn't really work with Thorpe.

Well Automatons we don't actually know is connected do we? So that could be anything.

Distorting your mind... No idea how that would link which is the only thing throwing me off atm.

And if Jack the Ripper wouldn't fit into London's main teen/adult theme park then it wouldn't go anywhere.

Maybe Jack the Ripper was harvesting human parts to make robot-human hybrids and now needs minds to control them

^ I think it would depend how it was presented and to what level, works fine in the dungeon.

Yes, but the dungeons tell it true. I somehow doubt the thing about him harvesting human parts to make automatons.

Last edited:
Yes, but the dungeons tell it true. I somehow doubt the thing about him harvesting human parts.
He did harvest human body parts.

The "From Hell" letter, received by George Lusk of the Whitechapel Vigilance Committee, included half of a preserved human kidney, purportedly taken from one of the victims. Mainly because of the extraordinarily brutal character of the murders, and because of media treatment of the events, the public came increasingly to believe in a single serial killer known as "Jack the Ripper"

Yes, but the dungeons tell it true. I somehow doubt the thing about him harvesting human parts to make automatons.

I've never been but don't the Dungeons also do a /Sweeney Todd theme too? That's not true?! Maybe just there for entertainment purposes!

Never been to London dungeons but of the fictional sections of other dungeons I find it looks more at the time and atmosphere.

That said, I haven't been to London dungeons. And I don't know how this really relates to thorpe parks New ride.

I've just been watching Derren Brown's Messiah that he filmed a few years ago, which, like all of his stuff, is about mind control. I couldn't help but notice the image on the title card, which is very similar to that of the Thorpe Park website for WC16.

Derren_Brown_Messiah.png

It could be completely unrelated, but make of it what you will.

:)

I'm guessing that's x in the Background.

In the first photo, the sign says "the islands landscape is changing"
I agree with that. It's becoming an industrial estate.

Am I the only one who doesn't really care what the building looks like? All I'm bothered about is if the ride is good!