• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

I was very excited for Hyperia but after seeing Voltron my expectations have dropped. Voltron looks like one of the best in the world whereas Hyperia is nowhere near that level. Hoping to see a Mack like Voltron in the Uk at some point then we’d have a clear winner for best ride in the country

Is anyone else not particularly excited about Hyperia?

Im feeling very “meh” about it if I’m honest.
I should be excited, it’s a massive new coaster at my nearest park but I’m just not feeling it.
I don’t know if it’s the weird layout, the lack of theming, the short length, the fact it’s a bit scary looking?

I don’t really feel its visually appealing, it looks a mess with the colour transitions and the funky support structures.
I do love rides which look good and which are immersive and heavily themed.

There is a good chance, I’m just a bit intimidated and scared of it. (I’m always scared of big new rides the first time, but then always love them And I’m usually scared but excited at the same time).

I look at Voltron and I would absolutely love to be getting on that . Others on my wish list…Toutatis, Ride to happiness, Kondaa, any of the RMCs. If they were at Thorpe I would be itching to get on them.

Hyperia, I’m just not excited. I want to be, but I’m not…

I may well change my mind once I’ve been on it?

I’m the same, I have very little excitement for it.

I think I will enjoy the ride, I think it will have some great moments but as a package it just seems very mediocre.