• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Welp, that's it. Not long now until someone photoshops that water red, and claims it an omen as to what'll happen to riders...

Seriously though, what an odd thing to do. Can only imagine it's a shortcut to empty the containers - no benefit to seeing how the ride behaves with weight decreasing during the ride cycle... unless... :tinfoil:
I think they might have been weight testing the rollercoaster.

Getting rid of some weight to see how the ride reacts to different weights. As after they did this they ran it a few more times then stopped for the day.

Completely unfamiliar with the territory - do Mack rides like this (lap bar only) tend to have upper height restrictions? Slightly worried as a 6ft 8 FREAK that I'll be turned away.
I don’t think they typically do, but don’t quote me on that. Icon and Blue Fire certainly didn’t, to my knowledge; my dad, at slightly under 6’7”, rode both without any issue.

Completely unfamiliar with the territory - do Mack rides like this (lap bar only) tend to have upper height restrictions? Slightly worried as a 6ft 8 FREAK that I'll be turned away.
Fifty years of stooping over here brother.
Got away with it everywhere so far.
Only 6ft 4, but I was the very tall freak of my generation.
Only ever been checked once, on Infusion.
Or as you would know it, inFusion.

Obviously they’re entitled to do this from a legal standpoint as it’s in private land etc but surely if anything went wrong what with it only being tested for a week, it’d be a PR disaster for the ages, why risk it? 😳

it’s kinda their job to ride it during testing.

3B48583C-C1E3-49A2-BEEB-8A6D437E3311.gif

Obviously they’re entitled to do this from a legal standpoint as it’s in private land etc but surely if anything went wrong what with it only being tested for a week, it’d be a PR disaster for the ages, why risk it? 😳
But what is likely to go wrong? I've never known a Mack restraint fly open, and they will have got data for forces etc. during initial test runs.

Perfectly normal for something like this to happen, especially with Mack. I'm pretty sure someone was sitting on the front row of Alpenexpress during its very first test run (yes, a very different coaster I know).