• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Looks like removing platform 15 has started!

thorpeparkclosedseason-2022-39_0.jpg
thorpeparkclosedseason-2022-25_0.jpg

Source: https://themeparkguide.co.uk/news-page/Thorpe-Park-2022-Closed-Season-Insight

According to Jack Silkstone's latest closed season update from Thorpe Park, stuff is now happening in Old Town:

The things that have happened include:
  • Lumber Jump has disappeared, and Timber Tug Boat may possibly have gone as well.
  • Fences have gone up and minor work is beginning around where Creek Freak Massacre was located.
  • As the poster above alluded to, deconstruction work on Platform 15 has commenced.
Slammer is currently still intact, and Rocky Express' theming also remains intact at present, but the status of the hardware itself is unknown.

That's a visualisation that Jack mocked up; it'll certainly look dominant on the skyline, for sure!
Even though it’s only a visualisation - it’s out some perspective on the ride and changed my opinion somewhat

also - is slammer going?

Even though it’s only a visualisation - it’s out some perspective on the ride and changed my opinion somewhat

also - is slammer going?

you would expect it would make sense to remove slammed at the same time as you remove loggers and all the other stuff, to save costs. But I’m sure the planning documents didn’t mention it being removed. Maybe it will stay and remain as a “future development” site.

It would certainly be nice to have a new flat ride in the area as well as a new coaster, but maybe that’s for a year or two later.

I’ve just had a thought, isn’t the planning application going in for this soon? We may well learn the details we don’t know such as potential theming when the application goes in.

Hard to tell what this is for without seeing the updated plans.

The supporting documentation mentions an updated Cut and Fill so i would imagine that this is for earthworks rather than an extended layout. I think they would have to explicitly state than in any application for a variation? Could be for a crane pad to get up to the outerbank?

Hard to tell what this is for without seeing the updated plans.

The supporting documentation mentions an updated Cut and Fill so i would imagine that this is for earthworks rather than an extended layout. I think they would have to explicitly state than in any application for a variation? Could be for a crane pad to get up to the outerbank?

they have only submitted an environmental impact assessment so just added this change to the existing application. No variation needed yet as full planning permission not been applied for.