• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

They do run like they're not owning Theme Parks. Unfortunately, they are owning theme parks. And therefore they're awful.

Still, could be worse. Could be run by Aspro..

£60 - is obviously to much to pay for a one day entry to thorpe, if someone pays that they are simply silly.

Online you can book day before and get it half price, there are vouchers everywhere and if the worse comes to the worse, you can get a Thorpe Park annual pass on the day for that price. They don't want people to buy tickets on the day, this price is there to discourage that.

See if they had actually considered park capacity over the last few seasons maybe they wouldn't have such a crowd problem. Most seasons they add bog all or small low capacity rides. They also have reclaimed land still not in use.

It says something when Towers is only getting into its stride when it reaches the numbers Thorpe are falling down with. Yes it's a bigger park but it also had the capacity in its rides to keep things flowing.

Think how much they would save not having to pay all the companies to add the 241 tickets!

Think how much they would save not having to pay all the companies to add the 241 tickets!

They don't pay that's the point, it's free advertising as the company gets to say they are offering a 2-4-1 deal with their product and Merlin gets free advertising.

£60 for Thorpe Park is utterly absurd. A 50% discount for booking online is also absurd. Merlin have lost the plot totally when it comes to ticketing.

Clearly this huge online discount is to try and encourage all guests to book online at peak times. That way they are able to predict guest numbers better. But this once again just adds to the discount culture that Merlin have created. It really is not healthy and it will come back to bite them at some point.

:)

The problem with all these offers are the fact they are devaluing there own product. They are saying that there product isn't good enough so have a voucher. It would be interesting to see how a change in the headline price will affect attendance. You would think the fact almost every other theme park around the world doesn't adapt this pricing strategy would make merlin at least think, they can't all be wrong.

Just had a look myself. Unless I'm being stupid and can't see it, the £59.99 price tag for peak days seems to have vanished from the site...

EDIT: Click on 'Find out more' by the 1 day price box, then you'll get to the £59.99 ticket price for peak days.

Surely there's got to be a limit to this pricing structure they have? There's got to be a point where they'll lose out massively because the standard price is just too high.

We could soon be looking at £100 entry fees if they continue like this (with 75% off vouchers everywhere of course)

And how long have they had peak/off peak prices?

Alton Towers used to have peak/off peak.

It used to be, for example:

£18 / £23.50 / £25.00

...depending on the day, in 2002.

:)

I don't mind the idea of peak/off-peak pricing. However, I think that £59.99 for a peak visit is ridiculously overpriced. Personally, I would've had the £49.99 ticket price as the peak one, and something like £34.99 for off-peak (maybe lower). Much more reasonable, IMO.

They used to do three tier pricing when detonator opened. It worked well but I find it odd you pay more when its Busier and you can get less I

How many parks in the entire world are worth £60 for that park alone?

Not many, if any at all in my view...

How many parks in the entire world are worth £60 for that park alone?

Not many, if any at all in my view...

Just Disney really. as you can often get a 12 or even 14 hour day in the park, with fireworks at the end of the day and I think that is worth it.

You could equally say the above about PortAventura in the summer. They open for 14 hours, have parades, shows and a fireworks display and generally much shorter queues than Disney. Yet they charge less than Disney or Thorpe Park, and are still disliked by a lot of enthusiasts oddly enough.