• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Under that logic then Thorpe better invest in some huge arse security lockers if they're going to take items off of people that could be used as a weapon - I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they try to start taking people's car keys off them since they can make a fairly effective shank when needed (I've seen this too, had to drive someone to hospital once with a key sticking out their gut but I don't consider it enough to ban car keys from public places lol).

Oh my, how did I ever survive the eighties?

Under that logic then Thorpe better invest in some huge arse security lockers if they're going to take items off of people that could be used as a weapon - I'd love to be a fly on the wall when they try to start taking people's car keys off them since they can make a fairly effective shank when needed (I've seen this too, had to drive someone to hospital once with a key sticking out their gut) lol

Oh my, how did I ever survive the eighties?
Might be a problem putting a suspected bomb in a locker.

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

Always amuses me that Blackpool's security is so strict yet there are literally tens of ride parts on sale in Kiss Me Quick that would make hugely effective weapons

Is this new? When we went to Blackpool a couple of years back we were never checked, just picked up our wristbands and went in.

That's my point, we had ruck sacks full of food and drink and just walked in, I'm assuming this is a new thing then that's why I asked.

Is this new? When we went to Blackpool a couple of years back we were never checked, just picked up our wristbands and went in.

There has been proper security / bag search / metal detectors on the Blackpool entrance for at least the past two years, possibly longer. They are invariably very strict in my experience (and also have a bizarre tendency to confiscate food).

There has been proper security / bag search / metal detectors on the Blackpool entrance for at least the past two years, possibly longer. They are invariably very strict in my experience (and also have a bizarre tendency to confiscate food).

Yeah the Mrs just reminded me it was three years ago we went.

I guess home made sandwiches and bottles of water are the best way to sneak knives and explosives into parks nowdays lol. Talk about being guilty until proving yourself innocent, 1984 called, it wants its book back.

Unless your target has any allergies. Death by peanut butter, a very serious weapon.

Talk about nanny state, my friend is deathly allergic to strawberries, doesn't stop her going to Wimbledon every year.

I think they've got stricter in recent years. When I visited with a friend in about 2012 he wondered if the metal detectors were real or for show, so later in the day we did an experiment... he kept his phone, keys, coins and inhaler in his pocket. I also gave him my keys, phone, wallet and coins. He walked through and nothing happened :laughing:

I think they've got stricter in recent years. When I visited with a friend in about 2012 he wondered if the metal detectors were real or for show, so later in the day we did an experiment... he kept his phone, keys, coins and inhaler in his pocket. I also gave him my keys, phone, wallet and coins. He walked through and nothing happened :laughing:
:D Same at Towers on Saturday
Pocket full of change. Huge iPhone car keys and house keys .. nothing. No beeps no nothing
I think they are all for show.

I was more on about they should call 999 if they think i am bringing a bomb into the park.

Christ on a bike, how's this come back and do you really still not get it?

In saying you can not take in a prohibited item in they are not saying you have it for ill means, they are just saying it's prohibited.
That's the end of their message and its meaning.

They are not commenting on your intent. They don't think you are a terrorist, but the item is prohibited just in case so you can't take it in. It's not a difficult concept, and if you were so unwilling to understand on the day I imagine that's why the conversation did not go so well from your point of view.

I reckon this section of this thread could be used as the basis of a scare maze at next year's event where you are trapped in some sort of hellish loop of misunderstanding with a security guard.

I have a question because i'm genuinely interested to know peoples opinions. What would you rather see in a scare maze:-

A less intense maze but a more theatrical performance and better theming, or...
A maze that focusses more on scares than in performance or theming?

Probably a silly question but the way i see a maze is that it should be a kind of show that you walk through rather than sit and watch. I feel like a lot of the mazes these days just throw you in a dark space and try and make you jump with chainsaws and zombies. What i'm trying to say is, would a mazes with less jump scares and more story telling appeal to you more?
IMO, good mazes can achieve both. Experiment 10 for example had a really twisted backstory which was explained to you in the first room, and was a theatrical experience whilst also being intense and including jump scares where they fitted in.

Love Hurts at Screamfest is a more recent example of a maze that combines fantastic storytelling and thematic elements with scares.

Considering the bag check guy say yes when I asked if he things it looks like a bomb and kept saying he "really doesn't want to be holding this" yeah that's saying suspicion of I'll intent.

Keep in mind they gave me £20 in vouchers and were super apologetic when they realised they screwed up.

Considering the bag check guy say yes when I asked if he things it looks like a bomb and kept saying he "really doesn't want to be holding this" yeah that's saying suspicion of I'll intent.

Keep in mind they gave me £20 in vouchers and were super apologetic when they realised they screwed up.

You should of asked for therapy sessions instead of vouchers. You may have acquired a strong fear of security checks.........

Anyway did anyone see the coaster bot review on poolube? His USA buddies rated their number one attraction at TP as......dbgt. Interesting to see this reaction from enthusiasts from other countries.

To be fair when I did it for the first time last year I was very impressed with DBGT. When it's running well it's a great experience.

However I imagine they are unaware on how much of a money pit the thing has been since it was built, and how insane it seems compared to Thorpe being able to build a number of world class coasters.

Why are you so intent on constantly bringing this thread back to security at Thorpe Park? Yes it fits under the heading of 'general discussion' but it seems to be the same thing every single time, so I respectfully ask that if you do wish to keep discussing it that you use the dedicated security at theme parks thread.

With regards to The Swarm, I too have heard that the lift chain snapped over the weekend. Not exactly what they need at this time of year!

:)

It wasn't him @Rob, it was @Crawleyboy01 who dug up the dead horse, and since he did I don't see it unreasonable that @ihaveaspergers be allowed to respond to being told, yet again, that he was in the wrong, when he clearly wasn't (even Thorpe themselves think he was right).

Plus as you say, it's general discussion about Thorpe Park, in the err Thorpe Park General Discussion thread, it's as about on topic as you can get.

Not exactly what they need at this time of year!

Yea not good for Fright nights, since the swarm tends to have the shortest queue out of all the Thrill coasters and the others were struggling with queues on Saturday. Swarm train didn't even get fully on the lift hill before going pop.

Saturday was rammed, car park bedlam upon leaving. Suprised they haven't implemented a fastrack car park exit

It wasn't him @Rob, it was @Crawleyboy01 who dug up the dead horse, and since he did I don't see it unreasonable that @ihaveaspergers be allowed to respond to being told, yet again, that he was in the wrong, when he clearly wasn't (even Thorpe themselves think he was right).

Plus as you say, it's general discussion about Thorpe Park, in the err Thorpe Park General Discussion thread, it's as about on topic as you can get.

Thanks for clarifying. It's just that I think I have seen the same story told 3 times in this thread now, and it's getting rather tedious. Plus on previous occasions discussion has started out about security at Thorpe Park and then gone wayyyyy of topic to security and the police etc. in general, so let's try to stop that from happening this time!

:)