• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I think the height deal with walking teenagers live or dead thing was a backdoor age restriction, you don't see many 1.4m tall 8 year olds, but you do see plenty 1.15m 8 year olds, and you just know in this liberating new age world if they kept the height at 1.1m some numpty would take their 1.11m tall 8 year old onto the ride then complain they had nightmares for a month afterwards.

So put the height to 1.4m and that solves that issue, most teenagers wouldn't be phased by a zombie, they're faced with one in the mirror most mornings anyway...

As reported by South Parks, so another pay as you go attraction :rolleyes: It's the M£rlin way :rolleyes:

THORPE PARK Official have added more details about Jungle Escape to their website, confirming a price of £10 per person.

Teams will face the Huntsman as they enter the challenging undergrowth of the Jungle Arena, where they will be required to engage their senses, prime their wit and take on the elements in a series of testing rituals, before facing off with a rival team to ultimately decide who leaves victorious and who will be lost to the Jungle forever.

Will you be taking on the Huntsman this season?

dKDw0j8.png

I have a sneaking suspicion this is going to set new records for the laziest/cheapest retheme of an attraction to date. Plus, £10 per person will mean they see a return on investment after only a few groups.

They say everything goes in cycles and I think there are a few interesting parallels to be drawn to late-era Tussauds and the Merlin takeover.

Let me give you an example, Alton Towers under Tussauds removes the classic Swan Boats and replaces them with the ugly and upcharge Splash Karts. Merlin take over and as one of their first acts, remove Splash Karts and replace them with the free and very well themed Battle Galleons.

Fast forward a decade and since then, there’s been a steady decline to the point that Merlin are now adding their own versions of the Splash Karts to the parks (this escape room, AT Dungeons etc).

Guess this is partly why they've made the annual pass prices so low. Get the people in and than gradually introduce lots of up charge attractions

Probably be as successful as all the late night events they've done...

Just doesn't appear to be the appetite for it over here...

It seems like they’re doing something to stealth as I’ve seen it won’t be operating on annual pass day.

Probably like Chessington half the winter maintance hasn't been completed yet.

Either that or their waiting for the exemption to come through from Heathrow ATC as with these new drone regulations any hats or mobile phones that leave the ride and float (or crash) back to earth are now considered drones and need an exemption - no I'm serious, anything not a balloons, kite or control line model that is launched by a human is now a "drone", yup frisbees are now drones.

Luna Cinema seem to be doing very well expanding their presence for events across London and the UK. Regents park, Hampton court palace, Kensington palace, Victoria Embankment gardens, Natural History Muesum to mention a few of the other venues in the area.

This seems to be a good call, as providing you get lucky with the weather it should be good fun! I planned to do one last year but the weather was crap so I didn't bother going.

Hopefully they have some good A/V, must be difficult working with such varied acoustics. Regents park and embankment gardens have stage areas set up ready, so makes it a bit easier I guess.

Thorpe starting off as they ended last year with the usual moans.

They do appear to have a more suitable person replying to customers on social though.
Queue line dirty and health hazard pigeon poop in Saw isn’t exactly great though.

5x4kyh.png

Jack Silkstone recently got a behind-the-scenes tour and videoed it. Really worth a watch! :)

Also, looks like they're bringing back Brave It Backwards on Swarm this season! (0:54 in the video)

I never got to try swarm backwards (or any coaster backwards for that matter), I'll definitely be trying it if it's back this season!

Shame things haven't been tidied over winter, pretty sure that scruffy is the theme across the park now.