• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

£10 for a socially distanced scare maze around a rotting log flume.

FltNXtdq37_FmkA4r56jMkrKCdgDe36w3fsyGiB4NX9WzP3SgVRBWyf4ItCZmn0LaPTp-D7mbRTOnOGNJlbuJMxrNjq3umpFntksMScXttr1h6mk07Mtm9ZXdiU-IecWk57izseedAydXFinQKzVosHy0qHC

Can’t help but think the area looks a little sparse? Not sure if there is more to be added, but the event does officially start today.

Can’t help but think the area looks a little sparse? Not sure if there is more to be added, but the event does officially start today.

Looks pretty decent really. The stage needs some graphics added to the front, but the stalls etc look fine.

Reminds me of Winter Wonderland in a way.

Oktoberfest vlog courtesy of Jack Silkstone;

Clever to see they've changed some of the themes and audio to match the event, notably Rumba (Oopah) Rapids and Detonator (5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Auf Wiedersehen, in a German accent). :p
Wonder if Towers will do simillar?

I visited Thorpe today with a couple of friends. The Oktoberfest theme certainly adds a new, fun vibe to the place, especially with the music that has been composed for it. There's a variety of oompah-esque tracks playing in the main area outside DBGT which are nice to listen to, and a few others playing in certain locations around the park.

As for the main event itself, it is very small and contained, with not an awful lot going on. I would imagine once the stage gets some use it will feel more alive. The 5-odd food stalls didn't really cut it for me.