• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

They should of carried on with the threats to stop rides if people didn’t social distance, worked during summer.

I’m going to assume that SAW pic is the ride reopening as there appears to be no queue and it’s a free for all.

Yes, I believe SAW just reopened then.

An additional comment suggested queues were being closed due to capacity, so people walking around with not a lot to do then all heading towards rides en mass when they open.

Edit: source

An additional comment suggested queues were being closed due to capacity, so people walking around with not a lot to do then all heading towards rides en mass when they open.

Thought so, then again that covid marshal at the gate should shut the gate when it’s like that - force people into social distancing.

At this stage the frontline staff aren’t to blame, management are. You either support the staff to enforce rules or close the park.

Interesting, all entry tickets, both day and passholder, are now sold out for all remaining dates. One comment online suggesting it happened within the last half hour. Have they actually sold out, or has capacity just been cut?

(Note some appear, then become unavailable once added to the basket).

Can still get passholder tickets for 1st November - I think it’s just a coincidence as there were people complaining on Facebook page last week about not being able to get tickets next week.

It’s odd that they haven’t added any extra queue extensions. Most rides at towers have markers outside ride entrances or even temp fencing. Especially when the likes of Saw have a massive plaza (and a massive cattle pen queue line in the form of saw alive. The same for quite a few of their rides, it would be easy to do temp fencing.

You only have to look at the smiler when it’s at capacity, you just have a crowd of people waiting around the entrance and area, soon as it opens they all rush towards it. But smiler is hard as there isn’t really anywhere for the queue to go unless it blocks the whole area.

It’s odd that they haven’t added any extra queue extensions. Most rides at towers have markers outside ride entrances or even temp fencing. Especially when the likes of Saw have a massive plaza (and a massive cattle pen queue line in the form of saw alive. The same for quite a few of their rides, it would be easy to do temp fencing.

You only have to look at the smiler when it’s at capacity, you just have a crowd of people waiting around the entrance and area, soon as it opens they all rush towards it. But smiler is hard as there isn’t really anywhere for the queue to go unless it blocks the whole area.
They have. A rope queue for SAW

I'm sure they've used the Saw Alive queue this year although I'm not sure what it was for.
They originally had part of the saw alive exit path (not the cattle pen) as a last resort keep the path clear queue line but now put up the same green rope they have in the saw plaza itself (saw alive got the rope first).

A few weeks ago it got so bad it overfilled the main queue and the please and got to saw alive and looped around the the former saw alive exit.

Tried to get a day ticket last minute for tomorrow and it appears to be sold out? I'm very surprised this is the case considering how many people they're letting in!