• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

As you've said @Matt N it's nice to see something happening. Even if it's not for a new addition, which I suspect in the long run it probably is, it's nice to see them finally take loggers leap out of it's misery.

As for what could replace it I have zero idea. I hope they do decide to add something and if they do they need to make it marketable and just genuinely a fun ride.

It might be worth noting that they didn't say Loggers was closed permanently for a good 2 years until they finally announced it when we all knew that it wasn't coming back anyway. Then they advertised that it was being "redeveloped" but never was.

It seems to make sense that it'll be a potential site for something new but Loggers always needed removing eventually and this land would also have needed some form work done to it at some point. They might be getting a move on because they have something going there eventually, but that's still a way off. It's removal and and the tree felling could well be part of an environmental survey.

I'll start getting excited when the winged flume trains arrive.

Interesting that the "I only got on X rides all day" and "100 minutes queues" claims on social media have this week gained considerable traction in media coverage. This is the sort of thing that Merlin has moved towards avoiding, certainly this season at least.

Technically speaking Loggers Leap is not being removed. The mechanical parts are being relocated to Chessington,for use on Tiger Rock. The rest of the ride will remain dormant at Thorpe. I think that with the removal of Platform 15 the Canada Creek Railway will reopen next season. Yes this ride has been closed for a decade but 35% of the track remains. The trains or at least a couple of them are in pristine condition. The Canada Creek Railway was highly rumoured to return in 2015. This didn’t happen as Platform 15 was set up. Now with the removal of Platform 15 the Canada Creek Railway can easily return. The only obstacle is Timber Tug Boat. With Angry Birds Land supposedly closing Timber Tug Boat could be relocated to Amity an area where it would fit in more. I would not be surprised if by Christmas the return of the Canada Creek Railway is confirmed by Thorpe.

Technically speaking Loggers Leap is not being removed. The mechanical parts are being relocated to Chessington,for use on Tiger Rock. The rest of the ride will remain dormant at Thorpe. I think that with the removal of Platform 15 the Canada Creek Railway will reopen next season. Yes this ride has been closed for a decade but 35% of the track remains. The trains or at least a couple of them are in pristine condition. The Canada Creek Railway was highly rumoured to return in 2015. This didn’t happen as Platform 15 was set up. Now with the removal of Platform 15 the Canada Creek Railway can easily return. The only obstacle is Timber Tug Boat. With Angry Birds Land supposedly closing Timber Tug Boat could be relocated to Amity an area where it would fit in more. I would not be surprised if by Christmas the return of the Canada Creek Railway is confirmed by Thorpe.
I’m not doubting you by any means, but I have two things to raise in response to your bolded points.

With regard to the first one; wouldn’t any mechanical parts of Loggers surely be in pretty terrible condition by this point? The ride has been SBNO for the best part of 6 years, so surely any mechanical components would have decayed beyond repair by this point (Correct me if I’m wrong there)? Besides, didn’t Tiger Rock have a fair amount of technical refurbishment when they did the retheme from Dragon Falls a few years back? Surely any parts that Chessington had installed new would be far more effective than any they could borrow from Thorpe?

With regard to the second point; correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t the remains of Canada Creek Railway removed in order to build Platform 15 in the first place, if they hadn’t been removed already? Also, wasn’t Canada Creek Railway’s sole purpose to take people over to Thorpe Farm, which hasn’t operated since 2006, and I’m unsure if the park still even owns the land for?

I’m not doubting you; I merely had a few red flags I felt I should raise, and I’m personally a little doubtful this is what’s happening. If this does happen, however, then I will happily be the first to admit that I’m wrong. Given how everyone thinks Thorpe needs more family stuff, I guess it’s not the most outlandish theory…

Has anyone else noticed how @Matt.N is now dropping the mike on everyone within his path these days? Made me unable to respond twice now!
What do you mean?

I do apologise; if you’d like, I can leave a little room for you to respond instead of constantly chiming in my own opinion! It’s incredibly selfish of me to hog everything, and you’ve probably all had enough of me by this point… I should probably butt out of these discussions for a bit.

With regard to my post above; there were only a few things that confused me about the theory, that’s all. I accept that it’s not the most outlandish of theories by any means, and if it does happen, I’ll happily hold my hands up and admit I’m wrong!

Last edited:
What do you mean?

I do apologise; if you’d like, I can leave a little room for you to respond instead of constantly chiming in my own opinion! It’s incredibly selfish of me to hog everything, and you’ve probably all had enough of me by this point… I should probably butt out of these discussions for a bit.

With regard to my post above; there were only a few things that confused me about the theory, that’s all. I accept that it’s not the most outlandish of theories by any means, and if it does happen, I’ll happily hold my hands up and admit I’m wrong!

What are you talking about? Sod what I or anyone else likes! You sorted me out good and proper a few posts ago. You're making some very compelling points that got me thinking. Keep them coming! Debate is healthy and you've articulated yourself very well.

What are you talking about? Sod what I or anyone else likes! You sorted me out good and proper a few posts ago. Your making some very compelling points. Keep them coming! Debate is healthy and you've articulated yourself very well.
I only do it because even though you might not think it, I often worry that I come across as baselessly optimistic on here, and that it annoys you guys a bit, so I just like to give constructive points to make it known that I have my reasons for thinking what I do instead of just baselessly spamming and speculating all the time! As much as speculation and dreaming is fun, I do like to provide evidence for my points to let people know that I have my reasons for thinking what I do, and sometimes, I do see things said that confuse me slightly and conflict with things I’d previously heard, where I might just have a question or want to request a little clarification.

As for Thorpe, my personal thought is; while I’m not saying that a new coaster in 2024 is a dead cert by any means (I’m not ruling out other theories, such as the Canada Creek Railway theory from @Prof Burp and the land management theory from @rob666), I’m personally pretty hopeful that that is what this is for with the evidence I’m seeing. I don’t know about you guys, but I’ve got a really good feeling about this, personally!

It interesting, about canada creek railway but there's zero chance they'd bring it back because it just wouldn't be marketable. Oh we've brought back (at great expensive) a train ride which was boring since we shortened it. I just don't think the park would bother with that.

As for @Matt N your making great points and I agree with @Matt.GC on that. Your posts are very details and also contain that bit of optisims which we all love (please never lose it as it's really needed in this community). I've always felt there's logic in your optimism and that one day you are going to prove us all wrong big time! I think some of your points related to this are very true and I sort of have your feeling of positivity to the fact that a coaster may well be on the way. I'm just not sure if there's the 'right' ride out there for thorpe that can sort them out. If there is I'm not sure I trust the park to implement it. At the moment I'm not going to speculate or suggest what coasters could suite them as I really don't care as long as it's done to a high standard.

one day you are going to prove us all wrong big time!
Hopefully something great comes along that gives people a little more confidence! I’m sure it will, but I wonder what it will be? Maybe it’ll be Thorpe building a coaster in 2024? Maybe it’ll be the London Resort breaking ground? Maybe it’ll be something else entirely that I’m really excited about?

The only reason I’d ever want to prove you guys wrong is because if I did, then it would almost definitely be a positive step for the theme park industry, which is surely better for all of us as it enhances the parks and gives us more fun days out; I’d never want to make any of you feel bad, as I’ve been proven wrong enough times to know that it can be horrible! Me being all smug would only make that worse, and I would never want to make anyone feel bad!

There’s also a little part of me that would love to see the raw excitement and enthusiasm of being really positively surprised by something on the faces of some of the resident pessimists in the community. In my book, there’s nothing quite like that raw feeling of shock and euphoria upon getting a positive surprise, and it would make me so happy to see some of the pessimists and naysayers be able to be really amazed and enthused by something! Nothing makes me happier than seeing other people happy, and I can’t wait for the day that some of the more pessimistic folk are really surprised and wowed by something!