• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

In the Pass Holder group. There's surely no way this would be a consideration!
Yeah I don't believe that one bit. I don't even want to imagine the increased antisocial behaviour (one reason why Blackpool PB binned free entry and introduced turnstiles) that would bring, even with thorough security checks. A lesson in why you shouldn't believe anything staff say!

Maybe that's their planned April Fool for next year 😛

Last edited:
Pay per ride you say…..

Adventure island Southend all rides £3 each …. Eurofighter, giant wheel, axis all say hello… or wristband for £28 …

The giant wheel and rage especially are bargins, but cant see it working at a merlin park

Amusement parks pay per ride works as when I use to go Blackpool with my m8’s they would only pay to go on the Big One. Even when Drayton Manor had wristbands me and my sister would have 1 and my mum would buy tickets as she would only go on a couple of rides.
The big difference now families buy a Annual pass to there local park or a Merlin pass. If they want to only go on a couple of rides they will go to a travelling funfair for a couple of hours.

Bring it back!
Start the petition!
End all queues forever!
Season pass = Ten books of ride tickets per year.
Gated ten pound entry with free snacks /drinks voucher.
All sorted.
The current system sucks, a whole generation (or two) knows no better.

Ok other than this quite obviously fake rumour, doesn’t ghost train re-open from its first fix this weekend? Who has been on it and is willing to make the trek to tell us what changed?

If I had to guess I'd say the late openings are possibly an indication of staff shortages within maintenance and they're struggling to get all the rides ready to run in time for opening.

I'd totally forgotten Mr Monkey's still hasn't opened this season, meaning all 3 UK Merlin "resort parks" still have a ride yet to open this season. Pretty embarrassing. Also concerning that Inferno is seemingly shut for the foreseeable, that's a big chunk of capacity to lose.

Here today at the park, it’s a very hot day so nice to see free sun cream topped up, it’s relatively quiet too which means we are getting plenty of rides in. Coasters running very intense in this heat just shame Inferno is closed. Not overly impressed with the Mardi Gras event, Towers have really hit the right note with theirs this year but here at Thorpe it feels a little too spread out and subdued. Fully expecting some thunder a bit later too so may see some ride closures.