• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I don't think there is anyone with at least two brain cells who is going to vote Lib Dems because their leader went to Thorpe Park

I don't think there is anyone with at least two brain cells who is going to vote Lib Dems because their leader went to Thorpe Park
The Lib Dems’ strategy has been to have Ed Davey do a series of camera-friendly photo ops (including riding on waterslides, doing Zumba classes and going kayaking) because it guarantees TV coverage they wouldn’t otherwise have - so going to Thorpe Park is part of that same plan (they’re also targeting seats in that part of Surrey so it’s not completely random).

I think they're on the (marginally) better of the swings but it's not a longer cycle, at only 60s start to finish.

I'm pretty sure Rush used to have a longer cycle but even then it was maybe one extra full height swing each way. I wouldn't be surprised if it now takes longer to reach max height too

I’ve never exactly got these political marketing stunts…

“look! He went on a ride”
“Yeah, let’s trust him with our country”

Does not compute….

Although, I am terrified about the amount of people who would vote for reform because “Nigel looks fun to have a beer with” but…. No? We are not some measly country. We actually have some Influence in the world! Domino effect and all that!

@AT86 that picture if the entrance some 10 pages back is shocking. Is that a now picture ? If so it’s worse than I remember 5 years ago…..
and it needed demolishing then.

Don't know where to put this, but anyone staying over.. the VIBES restaurant booking system is down for the evening slots. As food is limited on site you can book via live chat but you need your booking reference.
I was able to book breakfast easily via the normal system

Looks like I'll be braving the crowds on Sunday; I accidentally booked a train from Euston for 7pm instead of earlier and figure I might as well make something of the day. What are my best chances for riding Hyperia: Early? Late? How busy do we think it'll be? Bets on Hyperia breaking again before I go?

Don't know where to put this, but anyone staying over.. the VIBES restaurant booking system is down for the evening slots. As food is limited on site you can book via live chat but you need your booking reference.
I was able to book breakfast easily via the normal system
Thanks for the heads up I'm staying tonight so will probably just get Uber eats, could probably order something with my eyes close and still rely it being better than Aramark.

Looks like I'll be braving the crowds on Sunday; I accidentally booked a train from Euston for 7pm instead of earlier and figure I might as well make something of the day. What are my best chances for riding Hyperia: Early? Late? How busy do we think it'll be? Bets on Hyperia breaking again before I go?
There's a really nice Indian and Italian restaurant in Addlestone other than I just know that there's your usual fast food giants.

On Tuesday I noticed they had started laying some green turf and wondered what it was for.

Today, I could see there is now a screen, a bar and a little Ben and Jerrys stall. I imagine this will be for the Euros?

IMG-8675.jpg

Was the parks lack of investment from 2013-2023 (bar flop train) due to the swarms lukewarm effect on park attendance? Or did other factors play into it? I think I read somewhere that the park blame their late 00s/early 10s branding when it was like “go nuts at the nations thrill capital” era.

That is, if hyperia helps the park reach new attendance milestones, will we be seeing more regular investments like the park had back in its hay day?

Of course it’s a different landscape, with the 2000s additions being at the time where the park had more room and also was still establishing itself as a thrill park, but would say, merlin give the park enough budget for a new attraction every 2 or so years?