• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I know it's still a month or 2 away, but apparently MAP holders are going to have to pre-book their tickets for Fright Nights this year. No more details at the mo, but I heard it from TPWW please don't kill me.

I know it's still a month or 2 away, but apparently MAP holders are going to have to pre-book their tickets for Fright Nights this year. No more details at the mo, but I heard it from TPWW please don't kill me.
That's a normal occurrence for Thorpe. Premium MAP holders must pre-book their attendance and standard MAP holders must also pre-book but pay a £5 fee.

It's to (presumably) help them gauge crowd levels across the event. The website for booking tickets is up but I don't have the link.

Ah right, I didn't know that.

There's also something about 1,000 MAP holders per day.

That's a normal occurrence for Thorpe. Premium MAP holders must pre-book their attendance and standard MAP holders must also pre-book but pay a £5 fee.

It's to (presumably) help them gauge crowd levels across the event. The website for booking tickets is up but I don't have the link.

Yep, they've been charging £5 for standard passholders for a few years, I think it even started before they launched the premium pass. Part of the reason is that passholders would turn up, find the park at capacity and closed then get angry that they have a ticket and can't get in. By booking in advance they know to expect those passholders and you should get in OK.

Well I for one will certainly be visiting Fright Nights again this year. I really really enjoyed last year's event, and I'm hoping they'll have built upon the concept further. It was the beginnings of a really good event if you ask me, and a great shot for it's first year.

I wonder if they'll be doing a passholder preview night again before the main event gets underway.

I hope their passholder preview day is better than the absolute disgrace it was last year. The amount of time in guest services was ridiculous, including minor infractions like trying to dispatch rides with OPEN HARNESSES.

Showed promise maze wise, some good features, but their absolute disregard for passholders that day was an abject disgrace.

My sister went with her boyfriend on Sunday and used the Reserve and Ride. They were both raving about it. Said the whole system worked perfectly and didn't queue for long on any of the coasters at all. Also said the website it's on is really well put together and fast.

Thing is, atm, Reserve n Ride is being run as a sort of free Fastrack thing, in a similar way to Q-Bot runs at the parks which have it...

There is still the normal standby queue in existance (as well as paid for Fastrack), so a true reflection of this scheme isn't happening at all, since the majority of guests aren't using it, and as a result those that are get to skip the queues as a freebie...

They need to try trialling it again without standby queues and see how successful it is then...

The problem with SRQ is it's often filled with groups who don't want to queue, therefore making the SRQ ridiculously long. And let's not forget the people in the SRQ who then huff and puff when they can't ride together!

Off Topic post but what annoyed me in the other sense of that SRQ was at Towers when there was no queue in the Nemesis station but still wouldn't let you use SRQ and instead sent round a more or less empty train. I think in general though especially with TPs queues they need to get this balance right because on a busy day the place is hellish usually.

Fair play though if they're sorting it out!

A word of warning, standard MAP holders will now have to pay £10 to get into fright nights unless they book before the end of September - anyone booking until this time will be subject to the usual £5 fee.