• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

In other news, for those of you wondering what happened to the late night MTV events, it would seem they will now occur in the afternoon on 27th July, 17th August and 7th September:

Also, guys, with regards to BounceZilla, you might remember that I posted a while back about the new divisional director wanting to make the park "unrecognisable from its current state" in 10 years' time, so maybe these events are the start of an uphill climb towards an improvement program of sorts? I'm sure Thorpe will get the major investment we all crave very soon; I'm thinking 2021. We just need to be patient.

Reactions: pj
In other news, for those of you wondering what happened to the late night MTV events, it would seem they will now occur in the afternoon on 27th July, 17th August and 7th September:

Also, guys, with regards to BounceZilla, you might remember that I posted a while back about the new divisional director wanting to make the park "unrecognisable from its current state" in 10 years' time, so maybe these events are the start of an uphill climb towards an improvement program of sorts? I'm sure Thorpe will get the major investment we all crave very soon; I'm thinking 2021. We just need to be patient.

That must have been selling well then.

the new divisional director wanting to make the park "unrecognisable from its current state" in 10 years' time
So did every new director of every company ever. All that matters is results— which we'd all be more than willing to wait for, although we've been waiting for a long time already!

You're grappling if you think a bouncy castle is an indication of a park redevelopment. It's just a standard summer event. We have no idea of Thorpe or Merlin's future plans for the park

Anyway, hopefully Thorpe are planning for the future and starting to steadily climb back up this season..?

Hopefully they are planning for the future, but they're definitely not climbing back up this season. If anything they're still falling.

Speaking of rubbish additions to Thorpe Park.

The 2nd Angry Birds movie is released on 2nd August (yeah, I can’t believe this is a thing either).

Since the park has a themed area to this IP it seems mad that there doesn’t appear to be any plans for a tie in/promotion/special event over the summer to make use of this. It’s a missed opportunity to capitalise on increased awareness of the brand for that important family market (if they are bothered about families this week).

I believe there is a plan, but Rovio / Sony haven't activated their key marketing phase for the film yet. When they start to, we'll see something at Thorpe.

Thorpe won't be demolished any time soon!

A very bold claim to make!

If we had Bouncezilla and the park was tarted up then complaints wouldn't be so prevalent...

Instead we got 3 temporary additions, two of which were received poorly (because either another upcharge attraction that took time to do or things that feel pointless at a theme park)...

It'll take time for any change to Thorpe, but this is what happens when you have a Mish mash of poor marketing and directional decisions... Problem is they won't be able to dump half the stuff cos it's new...

What's the feedback been like for Jungle Escape? I've not really heard anything from / about it since it opened earlier in the year.

What's the feedback been like for Jungle Escape? I've not really heard anything from / about it since it opened earlier in the year.

Personal opinion: a bit short, with some weird logic within the puzzles. For an escape room, price is fine, but is steep within a theme park setting when people have already spent a lot to go and get in.

Public opinion: people see it as too expensive, don't get what it is and don't want to do it. It gets very few people a day do it.

Personal opinion: a bit short, with some weird logic within the puzzles. For an escape room, price is fine, but is steep within a theme park setting when people have already spent a lot to go and get in.

Public opinion: people see it as too expensive, don't get what it is and don't want to do it. It gets very few people a day do it.

So a complete success then in managements eyes?

Now included in park ticket too, so I guess it's safe to say the event didn't sell all too well.

I like to consider myself quite healthy, active, and competitive. So at Thorpe on Saturday I went on bouncezilla. 100% confidence I'd get to the end first, but nope. I was beaten. Not only beaten by anyone, but my 55 year old dad.

Yes, it may look out of place, but honestly its one of the funnest things in any park I've been to, and it's only temporary.

I like to consider myself quite healthy, active, and competitive. So at Thorpe on Saturday I went on bouncezilla. 100% confidence I'd get to the end first, but nope. I was beaten. Not only beaten by anyone, but my 55 year old dad.

Yes, it may look out of place, but honestly its one of the funnest things in any park I've been to, and it's only temporary.

It’s great fun isn’t it. So tiring. Sadly it wasn’t open on Friday due to the rain but won’t be long until I go back to do it again. The music is fantastic too.