• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet. New for 2020 at Thorpe Park, day guests are no longer entitled to free WiFi on the park, while hotel guests will also get unlimited fast track. Truly making Thorpe even more miserable.

Do you know what else is a complete misery?

Their new attraction for 2020 is a "world's first" walk-through.

87302706_10157825803360867_8983642188051120128_o.jpg

Do you know what else is a complete misery?

Their new attraction for 2020 is a "world's first" walk-through.

87302706_10157825803360867_8983642188051120128_o.jpg
That’s about right, last year we got a bouncy castle.

So appears this is utilising the space taken up by Living Nightmare.

I think me and my friends might be a bit alone when it comes to the shipping containers, but seeing as we visit Thorpe every other year, the drive is a nightmare to do there and back in a day, and the offers can be an absolute bargain if you're not a MAP holder....we actually think they're alright! The Shark Fastrack is a total joke, as every visit they've never had anything worth riding open in time to use them, and breakfast is....a unique kind of hell. But last time we went I think we spent about £15 each more than we would have done for park tickets to stay overnight, and by the time we got to the cabin we just wanted some sort of flat surface to sleep on!

A Black Mirror mirror maze? Hmmm..one of those many Thorpe Park ideas that have a really interesting premise with lots of potential....but I can't imagine it being executed well at all. What I really don't understand is how in low investment years any park can decide to implement something that focuses so much on atmosphere and setting - surely the costs of immersive experiences are quite high and require a lot of maintenance to keep any sort of quality. I'd rather a barely themed second hand flat ride. There are plenty of places across the country that provide these kind of short, experience focused attractions....not quite as many actual, you know, rides, dotted about.

I was happy with the new about the black mirror maze. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it. The Facebook page says something about "get ready to playtest" so I'll assume it'll be based on the "play test" episode (watch it, its really good) so my money is on it not being straight based on black mirror and more trying to copy the vr experience he has in the episode so they'll get away with a lot more instead of having someone f**k a pig. I've got my money on a fave your fear kinda think. On the bright side we'll get official black mirror merch! :)

From the email Merlin have sent out about this maze.

“Will you keep your grip on reality or will you lose yourself in the digital mainframe?”

Well that sounds errm, lame. :confused:

“Will you keep your grip on reality or will you lose yourself in the digital mainframe?”

Didn't even see that at first. Looks like I was right. So it technically won't be black mirror "themed" it'll just be like the "trip" "experience" he has in the playtest experience? My money is on that Anyway

Didn't even see that at first. Looks like I was right. So it technically won't be black mirror "themed" it'll just be like the "trip" "experience" he has in the playtest experience? My money is on that Anyway

I’ll take your word for it, I don’t know anything about this IP.

Just like I’m not really fussed about Derren Brown or the Walking Dead, or Angry Birds or I’m a Celeb ;)

This is the part of the problem with these IP’s, they have their fans of course, but the appeal doesn’t tend to be wide enough to result in any significant success for the park.

It's not the worst idea in the world... But this is going to be terribly executed.

Merlin's obsession with annoying shouty actor led attractions needs to stop.