• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

What happens if you get a rollback? Do you get a legit ride straight afterwards, or do they just evacuate?

Unless something has changed recently, they evacuate the train, send it round a couple of times and then you get your ride. They don't just relaunch with the loaded train straight away.

Unless something has changed recently, they evacuate the train, send it round a couple of times and then you get your ride. They don't just relaunch with the loaded train straight away.
That's odd, I remember seeing a video a few years ago where (I think) they reversed the train back into the station then re-launched it straight away. Or am I just spouting nonsense? :p

Edit, here it is:

Interesting that It requires Tech Services to attend.

Last edited:
That's odd, I remember seeing a video a few years ago where (I think) they reversed the train back into the station then re-launched it straight away. Or am I just spouting nonsense? :p

Edit, here it is:

There an edit at 0:51; there's no indication of how long it actually took them to re-set the train. My guess is it could take quite some time and involve a lot of faff! I would have thought that an evac is quite likely, though it's good that they give the same riders the opportunity to ride again straight away. Assuming they want to and aren't traumatized, that is!

Edit, here it is:

The video I edited all over the place, doesn't show the whole procedure I afraid.

It could well be it is or has been allowed at some point but as you say tech services attend which itself takes a while, no need to leave guests strapped in while that happens, and they'll generally do their thing without guests on board in any case.

Latest process I am aware off is detrain, issue PRPs and evacuate the queue.

When we got a roll back on Stealth it was evacuated and shut for three weeks.

With that record you quite clearly cannot be trusted and shouldn't be allowed near it ever again.

Latest process I am aware off is detrain, issue PRPs and evacuate the queue.

Again, unless things have changed which they might well have, no need for queue evacuation or PRPs, just alight, wait for tech to sign off and go again. 10 to 15 tops. Of course, it may be immediate obvious to ops that it's not a typical rollback and it won't be as simple as that so evacuation is the way to go, but standard rollback doesn't require that.

When we got a roll back on Stealth it was evacuated and shut for three weeks.
Depends what the issue was, if it was closed for 3 weeks it was likely a mechanical failure, most roll backs are more circumstantial. It should take 20-40 mins to reset after a roll back.

With that record you quite clearly cannot be trusted and shouldn't be allowed near it ever again.

Again, unless things have changed which they might well have, no need for queue evacuation or PRPs, just alight, wait for tech to sign off and go again. 10 to 15 tops. Of course, it may be immediate obvious to ops that it's not a typical rollback and it won't be as simple as that so evacuation is the way to go, but standard rollback doesn't require that.
For some reason they really don't like to have guests anywhere near stealth when testing after anything resembling a not successful launch.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is anything to go by, but within Platform 15 this year, there are themed posters saying "area under development" giving a very good look at the ongoing tree clearance:

Interesting, very interesting... Thorpe clearly wants to draw attention to the tree clearance, which I don’t think they’d be doing if it was just routine land maintenance…

Last edited:
Could this be a haunted mine train type ride?
I genuinely can see them use Intamin again for another free fall drop coaster

With roll backs, next time you go on Rita/Stealth/Desert Race, look for the yellow mark on the platform. Requires alignment to those before anything can be attempted.

Thorpe have a habit of teasing random stuff but never doing it at Fright Nights. Mainly to troll

With roll backs, next time you go on Rita/Stealth/Desert Race, look for the yellow mark on the platform. Requires alignment to those before anything can be attempted.

Thorpe have a habit of teasing random stuff but never doing it at Fright Nights. Mainly to troll

They are there for catch car/train alignment purposes.

Genuine Question:

I never believe a word from any reviewers/influencers/whatever from press night posts as they haven't queued and haven't paid whilst the park will have ensured it was abolutely overkill on actors etc. for them.

Is FN good this year? People seem to be all over it.

Last time I went (2018) it was absolutely rubbish, as was the time before (2011). Cheaply done mazes, horrific waits, nasty.

Advice.

Genuine Question:

I never believe a word from any reviewers/influencers/whatever from press night posts as they haven't queued and haven't paid whilst the park will have ensured it was abolutely overkill on actors etc. for them.

Last time I went (2018) it was absolutely rubbish, as was the time before (2011). Cheaply done mazes, horrific waits, nasty.

Advice.
Baring in mind I'd only done one FN before tonight and that was last year, so my expectations are alot lower than other people who have seen the event in it's heyday, I think today was the best day I've ever had at Thorpe. The mazes had no queues at all, the longest we queued was 20-30 minutes for Trailers and I think that had a delay while we were there, Creek Freak we went on our own twice (two of us). The mazes were good, so good in fact we did them all twice (we never have been the best at financial decisions). Don't expect much from Platform at all, it has some pretty major flaws, and Creek isn't quite the incredible maze everybody made it out to be in it's first year, but it was still fun. I absolutely loved Trailers. Aside from the mazes, the scare zones are alright, I think they're generally a little bit worse than last year's but that's likely because of the better maze offering this year. Birthday Bash and it's show are really fun, and Mawkin Meadow is really good, especially at night.

Another thing to bare in mind, though, is today was probably the most quiet day Fright Nights will have this season. I think the price of the mazes puts people off a little bit but I don't know what the queues would be like on a busy day in half term.

Genuine Question:

Advice.
Haven’t been this year and can’t speak for 2011, but I’ve been to FN a lot since 2012 onwards and 2018 was unquestionably the most awful and diabolical dire year ever. I wouldn’t personally make a judgement on that year.

Has anyone else noticed that staff all across the island seem to be having a strong pro LGBTQ+ approach to things recently, heck there's even a progress pride flag pin with the standard THORPE logo on (looks realllly good) and a LOT of staff with pronoun pins (more then just the few who's pronouns aren't obvious)

Reason I mention it is the scale seems more then what happens when it's just a few staff, so is this a project arranged by management or something else?

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk