• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

I Wonder if the actors will time it down for me as I am not and don’t look like the oldest guest ever.
Is that common policy? I hope not!
(Yes, yes I can use this site, I am definitely old enough, don’t kick me out)

Last edited:
Had a great time at fright nights yesterday. Operations were on point all day, especially on Saw. Running 6 trains and barely stacking each time. Pretty much running at capacity all day with zero downtime. Queue time said ‘45 mins’ most of the day but was never more than 25-30. All rides were very reliable tbh, Swarm being the only one to break down and even then only for about 20 mins ish.
All of the halloween stuff was brand new on me and I was impressed with it.
Survival games was very intense. Stitches was very scary with multiple routes so will be pretty good to do it multiple times.
Trailers was fairly tame but a lot of fun.

Mawkin meadow was brilliantly themed but lacking in scares. The movement of the crows is creepy but not scary. Deaths doors was a lot more scary than I thought it would be. You get plenty of jump scares if you do it in the dark. Lucifers Lair was the only major disappointment mainly due to it’s location. Actors were doing their best but its just far too busy in that area as you have all the ghost train traffic too so it feels like you are concentrating on squeezing past people rather than being scared.

Overall a really great event and i’ll be attending again next year for sure.

@The_bup How was fright nights? I've read on X a few have been mentioning a security issue there yesterday (searching latest posts). Hope you are ok mate?

Here’s my two pence: (I have learned @rob666)

The actual event was very good.
Stiches was a Major Highlight, the theming is incredible. We got split up in the wrapping machine, and then my problems started. We missed all the intended show scenes, as everyone had already gone and the actors weren’t expecting us, but they tried their best. There was no one in the reject room, though, and we missed the giant spider, along with the sewing machines going on.

Survival games is actually good this year, I thought I got manhandled last year, I hadn’t seen nothing! A problem is is that everyone in the arena forms a big conga line, and then an actor tells the guy at the front to turn around, and then 687 people have to turn around as well. Eventually, I got sick of being a wimp and having to turn around every 5 seconds and walked out. Then, the actors where REALLY good.
The chainsaw runout is far better than it was in creek freak, as everyone is let out at different times, so they really go for it.

Trailers time is up. It’s literally falling apart, needs new scenes or even just a spruce up for next year. Felt very understaffed.
Even the pyro effects looked.. constipated.

Deaths doors was pretty much the same, and the new amity and lyca- sorry, I might say this wrong
“Creature campus: troubles brewing”
was good, even if the bleachers made the dancing limited. And the name is 9 syllables long.

The crows was also great (as always they are my favourites!) but some of the hallways were kinda just fabric stretched out over some fencing.

This review sounds negative, but I had a wonderful time. Go there. Just not on a Sunday.

Also, I made this scarecrow mask.
I bring this up because I brought it there for fun, thought it would be cool, but got it taken away in security. They told me I could get it back at the end of the day, and well, fine. I come back at the end of the day and. I am the told that I can’t get it. So right now, it is in some confiscation room and I am raging war with customer services.
E5DB5F58-F036-458C-904F-F6A25463D025.jpeg
^ Maybe in heindsight I would’ve looked like an actor as they said BUT THEY CANT JUST STEAL IT FOR 2024!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s my two pence: (I have learned @rob666)

The actual event was very good.
Stiches was a Major Highlight, the theming is incredible. We got split up in the wrapping machine, and then my problems started. We missed all the intended show scenes, as everyone had already gone and the actors weren’t expecting us, but they tried their best. There was no one in the reject room, though, and we missed the giant spider, along with the sewing machines going on.

Survival games is actually good this year, I thought I got manhandled last year, I hadn’t seen nothing! A problem is is that everyone in the arena forms a big conga line, and then an actor tells the guy at the front to turn around, and then 687 people have to turn around as well. Eventually, I got sick of being a wimp and having to turn around every 5 seconds and walked out. Then, the actors where REALLY good.
The chainsaw runout is far better than it was in creek freak, as everyone is let out at different times, so they really go for it.

Trailers time is up. It’s literally falling apart, needs new scenes or even just a spruce up for next year. Felt very understaffed.
Even the pyro effects looked.. constipated.

Deaths doors was pretty much the same, and the new amity and lyca- sorry, I might say this wrong
“Creature campus: troubles brewing”
was good, even if the bleachers made the dancing limited. And the name is 9 syllables long.

The crows was also great (as always they are my favourites!) but some of the hallways were kinda just fabric stretched out over some fencing.

This review sounds negative, but I had a wonderful time. Go there. Just not on a Sunday.

I bring this up because I brought it there for fun, thought it would be cool, but got it taken away in security. They told me I could get it back at the end of the day, and well, fine. I come back at the end of the day and. I am the told that I can’t get it. So right now, it is in some confiscation room and I am raging war with customer services.
^ Maybe in heindsight I would’ve looked like an actor as they said BUT THEY CANT JUST STEAL IT FOR 2024!
Crikey! Glad to hear you made it out the other end! Good luck battling customer services for the mask too - I'm betting it ends up in a maze next year to save on their costume budget!

I do sympathise with you for having lost your mask, and I do think that Thorpe Park could be a little more flexible in giving it back at some stage. It is your property, and seeing as a mask isn’t exactly a lethal weapon or something, you’re within your rights to want it back.

With that being said, the park makes it very clear that masks are not allowed in the same way that weapons and such aren’t, and I would argue that if you take a forbidden item with you to a park, you should acknowledge and plan for the potential consequences.

As much as a mask may seem innocent on the face of it, and I know that your use of one was entirely innocent, they can be used for malicious means. The reason for banning masks isn’t so that “people don’t look like actors”, it’s because people often use masks to harass people and cause trouble and not get identified by CCTV cameras and such. Masks are a security risk, and if I were in the park’s shoes, I’d certainly prefer to be safe rather than sorry. Even getting it back from Guest Services when you leave arguably opens up a security risk in that the park don’t know that you won’t go back into the park with the mask and cause trouble.

I know that the park being so stringent with the procedures may seem overbearing to an innocent mask wearer like yourself, and indeed, I do hope that Thorpe Park returns the mask to you at some stage. However, they really can’t be too careful, as masks can present a security risk, and I would strongly advise that anyone taking one considers the potential consequences given that they are banned items.