• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park: General Discussion

The Lidl car park vibe with the flooring also doesn’t exactly help.

The whole entrance to Thorpe is dire, and it was made worse with the big screen. Fact is it could be made into something special with the bridge over the water and getting rid of the dome for a nice plaza.

Hopefully one day.
Fair enough - maybe years of Merlin austerity have tanked my standards 😆

All the updates this year are steps in the right direction and great to see. But sorry what on earth is with Thorpe’s flooring? Not just at the entrance but throughout the park, majority of the tarmac/block pathing just looks appalling. I just don’t understand how they’re all so mouldy and mishmash. It’s like the council have attempted a dozen repairs in one area? They definitely need some Chesington inspired flooring here that would really improve the overall look.

But I agree hopefully the sparkle project does continues next yeah, well every year. But like others have said that they focus more on the entrance, bridge, Dome, beach area and well flooring?

I think it really highlights it on Uk Theme Parks newest blog, lots of great sparkle but I can’t help but notice how shocking all the floors look everywhere.

Last edited:
The whole arrival experience at Thorpe is utterly woeful. They need to do something to improve capacity at security because their current "solution" of having a mammoth maze of crowd control barriers is dreadful.

The area between security and the turnstiles is mediocre at best but at least it sort of functions, then you've got the whole mess of the bridge and dome, both of which it seems they have no idea how to utilise.

The arrival experience is then mirrored by an equally dreadful departure experience for anyone trying to exit the car park through the barriers that never seem to recognise anyone's number plate.

The arrival experience is then mirrored by an equally dreadful departure experience for anyone trying to exit the car park through the barriers that never seem to recognise anyone's number plate.
One time the barrier said it was going to charge us £200! Probably an error, but it’s a car parking barrier, not a advanced computer program that should be making errors

One time the barrier said it was going to charge us £200! Probably an error, but it’s a car parking barrier, not a advanced computer program that should be making errors
Yea genuinely happens to me everytime in multiple different vehicles it will come up saying a random high amount I think £700 is the highest margin I've seen, usually press the help button and then the barrier rises anyway without even needing payment or showing a map.

Didn't the thorpe park car park win a award? 😂 sometimes it's a comedic end to the day when it's grid locked and everyone is holding down their horns thinking it'll somehow help the situation.

Or when you order an Uber hoping to avoid the mayhem and then they don't use the pickup point and drive into the main carpark, there's also a taxi man there everytime who tries to offer everyone £40 lifts to staines station, that's a reoccurring joke when me and my friends see him.

Screenshot_2024-03-12-22-00-37-84_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
£200 for fast track now at thorpe (hyperia will not be included) £150 on off peaks and £100 on the days you just don't need it.
Bare in mind unlimited fast track at cedar point on a peak July date costs £128 ($165).
It's normal for new attractions to not be included in fastrack services for their first season, but blimey that's expensive! 😂

Thorpe's one shots and packages have been more expensive than the equivalent at Towers for a while now, I think they were charging £12 for a single coaster last year and something like £45 for 4. With that sort of pricing the unlimited package was starting to look underpriced

As someone who buys fastrack this is a gamble, if less buy the unlimited it just means they will sell even more one shots or other packages.

I don’t trust Thorpe to actually cap sales but if they did then this along with the RAP prebook actually has potential to improve the experience for everyone.

Makes sense to continue to use the old stock for things like this than just unceremoniously binning it all just to spend cash buying the same thing again.

Noticed in the lift hills and thrills vlog there's still plenty of merch with the old logo which they'll sell (possibly at a discounted price) until it's all gone.

Makes sense to continue to use the old stock for things like this than just unceremoniously binning it all just to spend cash buying the same thing again.

Noticed in the lift hills and thrills vlog there's still plenty of merch with the old logo which they'll sell (possibly at a discounted price) until it's all gone.
I can understand that for the old logo, but this?

1710504186342.png