• ā„¹ļø Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park- Saturday 23rd April 2022

Booked the tickets earlier! šŸ˜€
Little bit confused about the carer ticket though, as I'm aware that I'll need to collect it from the ticket centre and show my PIP document, but that ticket has a barcode like mine.

Screenshot_20220312-190157-312.png

I definitely need to collect it from the ticket centre, right?
I'll probably show my ticket (the all ages one) on my phone.Screenshot_20220312-194816-550.png

(Edited as I forgot to cover the barcode (oops). Thanks to the team for alerting me to that! šŸ™‚)

Last edited:
Great stuff @Skyscraper; are you excited?

I know I certainly was this close to my first Thorpe visit back in 2014 (my, nearly 10 years ago now... scary how time flies!)! Admittedly, I was only 10 (turning 11 a few days after the visit; we went on 27th July 2014, my 11th birthday was on 31st July 2014) at that point, but my point still stands...

Great stuff @Skyscraper; are you excited?

I know I certainly was this close to my first Thorpe visit back in 2014 (my, nearly 10 years ago now... scary how time flies!)! Admittedly, I was only 10 (turning 11 a few days after the visit; we went on 27th July 2014, my 11th birthday was on 31st July 2014) at that point, but my point still stands...
I certainly am! Swarm and Inferno are my most anticipated rides, but I'm generally looking forward to finally getting back and doing the big rides (which I didn't last time). My first (and currently only) visit was a year before yours, in March 2013. :)

Getting a bit anxious about travel to Thorpe next week. It's a three hour drive, and I want to aim to arrive by 9:30am at the latest, so factoring in a traffic and a a possible stop would mean leaving at 6am, which my fam aren't keen on lol.

Should I absolutely aim for half 9? How long can the queues for security get?

Getting a bit anxious about travel to Thorpe next week. It's a three hour drive, and I want to aim to arrive by 9:30am at the latest, so factoring in a traffic and a a possible stop would mean leaving at 6am, which my fam aren't keen on lol.

Should I absolutely aim for half 9? How long can the queues for security get?
Remember left most queue is disabled (show rap photo I'd)

Leaving at 6:30 on Sat.
Just got to hope we leave on time and the traffic won't be too bad.
Should hopefully get to Thorpe between 9:30-9:45, pending traffic and how long we stop off for.

A possible ride order (trying to avoid having to keep walking backwards and forwards) is;

Quantum > Rush > Colossus > Saw > Samurai > Black Mirror > Storm Surge > Walking Dead > Detonator > Inferno > Rumba Rapids > Stealth > Swarm > Depth Charge

Obviously that's just a potential order, and depends on ride availability, downtime and queue times. Is that a good order to start with? I'm aware that it's quite a long walk between Stealth and Swarm mind.
Do you guys think I could get everything done on Saturday if the factors I mentioned go my way? Or am I being too ambitious?

One thing I would say is that from my experience, the flats tend to maintain a fairly minimal queue throughout the day, whereas the coasters often get busy later on, so if it were me, I would be heading to a coaster first. I certainly donā€™t think something like Quantum is something to worry about getting in early, as Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever seen it with a queue above 10 minutes even on peak days.

Personally, Iā€™ve tried a number of different starting points within Thorpe Park over the years (Saw/Colossus, Stealth/Inferno and Swarm have all been done), and the one that worked best for me was Stealth/Inferno. Both rides were pretty deserted for the first hour or so, and I also got in a walk-on lap on Detonator while I was over there. I got 4 rides in that first hour (2x Stealth, 1x Inferno, 1x Detonator)! And if youā€™re wanting to do Rumba Rapids, that would be an ideal time to do that, too; it certainly wonā€™t have a long queue first thing in the morning.

Inferno often gets a bizarrely massive queue later on in the day, so Iā€™d certainly recommend hitting it early while itā€™s quiet. Interestingly, Stealthā€™s queue never seems to get overly big, but Iā€™d certainly recommend hitting that one early, as that is certainly when itā€™s quietest. Swarm is somewhere a lot of people head to first and the Saw/Colossus end also gets a surprising amount of traffic early on. When I started on Saw, it already had a 40 minute queue first thing.

Also, I wouldnā€™t worry about the walking thing. Thorpe isnā€™t a big park at all; even walking between the extreme ends of it doesnā€™t take too long.

One thing I would say is that from my experience, the flats tend to maintain a fairly minimal queue throughout the day, whereas the coasters often get busy later on, so if it were me, I would be heading to a coaster first. I certainly donā€™t think something like Quantum is something to worry about getting in early, as Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever seen it with a queue above 10 minutes even on peak days.

Personally, Iā€™ve tried a number of different starting points within Thorpe Park over the years (Saw/Colossus, Stealth/Inferno and Swarm have all been done), and the one that worked best for me was Stealth/Inferno. Both rides were pretty deserted for the first hour or so, and I also got in a walk-on lap on Detonator while I was over there. I got 4 rides in that first hour (2x Stealth, 1x Inferno, 1x Detonator)! And if youā€™re wanting to do Rumba Rapids, that would be an ideal time to do that, too; it certainly wonā€™t have a long queue first thing in the morning.

Inferno often gets a bizarrely massive queue later on in the day, so Iā€™d certainly recommend hitting it early while itā€™s quiet. Interestingly, Stealthā€™s queue never seems to get overly big, but Iā€™d certainly recommend hitting that one early, as that is certainly when itā€™s quietest. Swarm is somewhere a lot of people head to first and the Saw/Colossus end also gets a surprising amount of traffic early on. When I started on Saw, it already had a 40 minute queue first thing.

Also, I wouldnā€™t worry about the walking thing. Thorpe isnā€™t a big park at all; even walking between the extreme ends of it doesnā€™t take too long.
Thanks Matt. Reason why I was thinking of doing Quantum first is it's on the way to Colossus and is a "one-and-done" ride, as in a ride that I'll probably only do once, so doing it early would get it out of the way. It's and Rush's queue would be relatively short at park opening anyway I'd expect. Saw apparently doesn't always open on time, so if that's the case it should be open by the time we get to it. As I said, my plan tries to avoid having to keep backtracking a lot, and going round in a loop instead.

Really depends on if we manage to get on for 10am and if any rides are late to open. We'll play it by year though. šŸ™‚

Last edited:
A possible ride order (trying to avoid having to keep walking backwards and forwards) is;

Quantum > Rush > Colossus > Saw > Samurai > Black Mirror > Storm Surge > Walking Dead > Detonator > Inferno > Rumba Rapids > Stealth > Swarm > Depth Charge

Obviously that's just a potential order, and depends on ride availability, downtime and queue times. Is that a good order to start with? I'm aware that it's quite a long walk between Stealth and Swarm mind.
Do you guys think I could get everything done on Saturday if the factors I mentioned go my way? Or am I being too ambitious?

Thorpe Park is a very small park compared to Alton Towers in terms of the size of the place. Personally Iā€™d be much more inclined to suggest basing your day on queue times as they change throughout the day rather than having a set order of doing the attractions based on a route around the park. It could be an idea to knock off Saw as soon as the park opens as that can get massive queue times. But as said above, just try and chill and go with the flow of the day rather than trying to plot it all out with a rigid fixed list and order.

Thorpe Park is a very small park compared to Alton Towers in terms of the size of the place. Personally Iā€™d be much more inclined to suggest basing your day on queue times as they change throughout the day rather than having a set order of doing the attractions based on a route around the park. It could be an idea to knock off Saw as soon as the park opens as that can get massive queue times. But as said above, just try and chill and go with the flow of the day rather than trying to plot it all out with a rigid fixed list and order.
Thanks, yeah maybe I'll head to saw first then. Although I do want to do Colossus as early as possible to have a chance of getting as near to the front as possible. I really shouldn't have come up with a plan tbh as I've made myself really anxious lol. A lot of factors that could make or break our day. šŸ˜³

Edit: @Matt N I'll probably do Rush early as it can get a big queue on peak days and it's one of the flat rides I most want to do. It was 60 minutes earlier looking at the app.

Last edited:
Also be careful of the weather, as Saw often opens late if itā€™s cold. Iā€™ve been stung far too many times in the past heading their first to find it closed. I now usually start with inferno or stealth as they usually seem to open on time and are quiet first thing.

Swarm is always busy first thing but will be much quieter later on in the day.

Yup, on my limited visits, Inferno first because it was the only damn coaster open!
Likewise rides 2 and 3 were pretty much the only other coasters open.

Also be careful of the weather, as Saw often opens late if itā€™s cold. Iā€™ve been stung far too many times in the past heading their first to find it closed. I now usually start with inferno or stealth as they usually seem to open on time and are quiet first thing.

Swarm is always busy first thing but will be much quieter later on in the day.
That's good to know, thanks for the heads up! šŸ‘ I'll probably do Quantum, Rush and Colossus on the way to Saw as we'll be going past them. That way Saw should be open by the time we get to it if it's delayed.

This is the current weather forecast for the area on Saturday;

Screenshot_20220419-154428.pngScreenshot_20220419-154456.pngScreenshot_20220419-154504.png