• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park- Saturday 23rd April 2022

I wouldn’t bother starting with a flat ride, get a coaster or two out the way first as they’ll get much bigger queues than any of the flats.

Yeah if you get in for park opening and move relatively quickly you could conceivably box off 3 of the coasters inside of an hour.

Plus outside of Rush there isn't really any other flats are are massively unique to the UK.

I'll probably do Quantum, Rush and Colossus on the way to Saw as we'll be going past them

I know it's been said, but if minimising queing to maximise riding is your aim this is not the way to go. If you are in the park early hit whatever coaster that's open first and start from there. If you are going to that effort to get there early you'll have wasted your time if you use that quiet post rope drop period on flats that'll get a one or two cycle queue later in the day, where as the coasters will likely change from walk on to the 60 minute mark. If they open on time Colossus and Saw make the most sense as they are right together and often have painful queues.

Quantum and vortex aren't on the way to saw in any case, you'll enter the park by depth charge and the path goes from the back of the dome towards x and rush.

The park is tiny, walking by something and returning later is not an issue at all.

Last edited:
I know it's been said, but if minimising queing to maximise riding is your aim this is not the way to go. If you are in the park early hit whatever coaster that's open first and start from there. If you are going to that effort to get there early you'll have wasted your time if you use that quiet post rope drop period on flats that'll get a one or two cycle queue later in the day, where as the coasters will likely change from walk on to the 60 minute mark. If they open on time Colossus and Saw make the most sense as they are right together and often have painful queues.

Quantum and vortex aren't on the way to saw in any case, you'll enter the park by depth charge and the path goes from the back of the dome towards x and rush.

The park is tiny, walking by something and earning layer is not an issue at all.
Thanks, yeah I'll definitely suggest heading to Colossus and Saw first then if they open on time. Where would you suggest heading first if either of them is late to open?

Thanks, yeah I'll definitely suggest heading to Colossus and Saw first then if they open on time. Where would you suggest heading first if either of them is late to open?

I think that what people here are suggesting you to do is to just go by queue times on the day as they change. Download the Thorpe Park app and then when you get there have a look at queue times and see how everything looks and then base what you are doing on that. Nobody can predict exactly what will be the best plan of action to take on turn particular day that you go. Maybe going to Saw first thing on arrival might but the best thing, or maybe it might be Swarm. Maybe all the coasters will open right at 10am and you can knock off two of them in the first half hour, maybe you won’t. The fact is that it’s impossible to say right now so there’s no point in worrying too much about it in advance. Go with flow and see what happens on the day, it’s often the best way!

Stealth; the first launches of the day are the only time you might get a fabled rollback, although they are almost unheard of these days.

Stealth and Inferno are right near each other at the back of the park, that's the other pairing to go for.

Swarm is all by itself, one to keep any eye on on the app and head to later when the queue dips, after lunch usually.

I think that what people here are suggesting you to do is to just go by queue times on the day as they change. Download the Thorpe Park app and then when you get there have a look at queue times and see how everything looks and then base what you are doing on that. Nobody can predict exactly what will be the best plan of action to take on turn particular day that you go. Maybe going to Saw first thing on arrival might but the best thing, or maybe it might be Swarm. Maybe all the coasters will open right at 10am and you can knock off two of them in the first half hour, maybe you won’t. The fact is that it’s impossible to say right now so there’s no point in worrying too much about it in advance. Go with flow and see what happens on the day, it’s often the best way!
I do already have the app and have been watching the queue times to get an idea of what they could be like. Yeah I really do need to stop worrying and just wait til we get there lol. Depends on what time we arrive too, hoping to get here between 9:30-9:45.
Stealth; the first launches of the day are the only time you might get a fabled rollback, although they are almost unheard of these days.

Stealth and Inferno are right near each other at the back of the park, that's the other pairing to go for.

Swarm is all by itself, one to keep any eye on on the app and head to later when the queue dips, after lunch usually.
That's a good idea thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Originally I was thinking about doing Stealth first actually.

I do already have the app and have been watching the queue times to get an idea of what they could be like. Yeah I really do need to stop worrying and just wait til we get there lol. Depends on what time we arrive too, hoping to get here between 9:30-9:45.

That's a good idea thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Originally I was thinking about doing Stealth first actually.

I find Stealth a less painful queue. If I wanted to ride Colossus (which I don’t) that's the one I would hit first as that queue is pure pain. Much like the ride.

Saw is by far the most enclosed and claustrophobic queue, if that's what you struggle with you probably want that done before it's busy.

I find Stealth a less painful queue. If I wanted to ride Colossus (which I don’t) that's the one I would hit first as that queue is pure pain. Much like the ride.

Saw is by far the most enclosed and claustrophobic queue, if that's what you struggle with you probably want that done before it's busy.
I'll probably do Colossus first if it opens on time as I want to get as near to the front as possible. We'll do Saw after that if it's open by then since the former is on the way to it. I'll probably do Samurai then as well as it should be quiet and I'll most likely only want to do it once.

The weather forecast for Saturday is looking good, but could winds of 10-11mph affect the rides?

Screenshot_20220421-140405.png