• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thorpe Park - Temporary shipping container hotel to be built - The Crashpad

It's not the kind of Entertainment you would expect from the Nation's Thrill Capital is it? Sounds like a Butlins Holiday Camp.

But it's something I guess.

LOL.
Pathetic it may be, but it's still better than Portaventura's (total lack of) evening entertainment. :(

I really don't see why £30 a person is being seen as such a bargain here... I've had cheaper nights than that at Towers hotels. My last stay at the Weathervane was something like £8 each, with breakfast (yeah, it might not be the benchmark of luxury but I had room to move), if I want a small room Ibis Budget offer rooms for £25 for the room.

I get the convenience of being on the Thorpe site (and will totally end up spending a night in this soon), but I don't think the price is spectacular. :)

Oh the entertainment was definitely nothing special. It was a bit 'holiday camp', no denying. I think they'll have to come up with something a bit more enthralling eventually if they want to be taken seriously. It seemed like perhaps they haven't really got any ideas to fill the gaps between specific events.

Still... aggressive ping pong was alright.

Yeah it wasnt world class entertainment but it was good. People could of easily sat there saying "this is boring" but if you get involved its good. I dont think anyone in there right mind would expect anything more?

Last time I ventured down that way, They had a Ministry of Sound Club Night and were offering Crashpad Rooms with Club Tickets, which definitely sounds like a decent THORPE PARK style offering, Definitely suited to the park's style. Though I assume it's too costly to run every night.

Maybe worth it on Saturday's though?