• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Throughput on Maurer vs Mack spinners

Zeock

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Do Mack spinners usually have better throughout than Maurer spinners?
I ask this because I measured the throughout on both Storm Chaser at Paultons (Mack) and Crush's Coaster at DLP (Maurer). Storm Chaser was measured at an average throughout of 627 pph (3 measurements), whereas Crush's Coaster was measured as having an average throughput of 389 pph (5 measurements). Is this standard when comparing these two manufacturers' spinning coasters?

Last edited:
Storm Chaser uses a train of four spinning cars so you can have people at the airgates ready to load it and then dispatch whereas the Maurer spinners use individual separate cars so I’m assuming that is a very big factor in throughput comparisons.

On average, I’d guess that yes, they probably do.

Even when Maurer spinners are operated well (e.g. Spinball), it’s very hard to get much above 600-700pph out of them.

Mack spinners, on the other hand, can get closer to 1,000pph. Perhaps not quite 1,000pph, but I’d certainly imagine that 900pph or so isn’t out of the question. Euro Mir manages 1,300pph, but seeing as that one is at Europa, I think it’s quite a unique case…

On average, I’d guess that yes, they probably do.

Even when Maurer spinners are operated well (e.g. Spinball), it’s very hard to get much above 600-700pph out of them.

Mack spinners, on the other hand, can get closer to 1,000pph. Perhaps not quite 1,000pph, but I’d certainly imagine that 900pph or so isn’t out of the question. Euro Mir manages 1,300pph, but seeing as that one is at Europa, I think it’s quite a unique case…
Thanks! I've heard that Dragons Fury has managed to process 700 pph quite often, which would put its throughput above my measurement for Storm Chaser, but I haven't measured it myself. I wonder what throughput a Maurer spinner could manage if it was at EP?

I wonder what throughput a Maurer spinner could manage if it was at EP?
For some idea, Matterhorn Blitz (not a Maurer spinner, but a Mack wild mouse with similar 4-seater cars and a similar blocking style) gets around 700-800pph.

Thanks! I've heard that Dragons Fury has managed to process 700 pph quite often, which would put its throughput above my measurement for Storm Chaser, but I haven't measured it myself. I wonder what throughput a Maurer spinner could manage if it was at EP?

It used to average about 600-700 pph when doing max 3 adults to a car.

With the weighing situation these days I highly doubt it hits that on a regular basis.

In Theory Crush's Coaster should have the best throughput of any other Maurer spinner as it uses a non-stop loading system. So hearing it only managed 389pph is not a good sign.

I think Crush's Coaster is a really cool concept and I'm so glad Paris got it rather than a half themed equivalent like Primeval Whirl. But they should have built at least 2 of them*. The capacity is way too low for a Disney Park and every improvement the Studios makes just brings in more people and causes the lines for it to be worse.

Even Phantasialand realised that a single Maurer wouldn't be enough.

*ideally running side by side through the dark ride section and interacting through the EAC.

In Theory Crush's Coaster should have the best throughput of any other Maurer spinner as it uses a non-stop loading system. So hearing it only managed 389pph is not a good sign.

I think Crush's Coaster is a really cool concept and I'm so glad Paris got it rather than a half themed equivalent like Primeval Whirl. But they should have built at least 2 of them*. The capacity is way too low for a Disney Park and every improvement the Studios makes just brings in more people and causes the lines for it to be worse.
The lines are always long for Crush's Coaster as a result of the throughput problem it has. I queued up for about 80 minutes for it, which was around the average waiting time throughout the 2 days I was in the park. When I was there, it had on average the second longest line at the Studios and in turn had the second longest average line at the entire Disneyland Paris resort, behind only the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror (but that's actually a good ride). I definitely believe Paris should have built at least 2 of them, similar to Winja's Fear and Force.

Fury gets 300 now. It's WOEFUL.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk