• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tokyo Disney

Rojo

TS Member
Hello,

I decided this weekend that I should hit 2 birds with one stone and finally visit a Disney Park and visit a city that has been on my bucket list for soo long. After some intensive Googling I have come to the conclusion that I am more confused than ever trying to do this on the cheap. (Well by the standards of getting to Japan and Disney cheap anyway.). So I have given up trying to sort this myself and fired some enquiries to travel agents to see if I can get a decent package holiday.

The community here has always been great at pointing me in the right direction, so if those who have done Tokyo Disney and Tokyo Disney Sea has any advice on packages it will be greatly appreciated. I think we will spend most days on the resort although I think we would like 2 days off resort so that we can head into Tokyo and also head to Sanrio Puroland (not my choice.)

Any tips? Thanks

My only advice would be to do it, come hell or high water. They're both fantastic parks, I am not a big fan of the Mouse, but Tokyo DisneySea left me utterly amazed.

I did it as part of a wider trip via Australia, staying in a hostel in downtown Tokyo with a bunch of people from Lebanon, so can't really comment on the package deals.

Thanks Rick. I noticed from your post that your post on the Tokyo Disney General Discussion that you had a great time. That sounds amazing hoe you had great time out at Oz too.

I managed to get a quote back for £1700pp for 4 days in Tokyo itself and 4 days at the Tokyo Hilton. Don't think it includes the park though, which I think is an extra £175. So £1850. Does that sound about right to anyone who has been? I think I can justify this but it might push back my plans to do Europa Park back until September or later next year.

How does that compare to purchasing flights and that hotel independently? It doesn't sound too expensive off the bat, Japan is certainly not the cheapest place to get to.

I had a quick look and it seems about right. I had a look elsewhere over hotels just to check and to stop in a Disney hotel would have doubled my costs. Ridiculous. I think I am going to have to bite the bullet and just go for it as it's going to be a once in the lifetime trip :D

When I went a few years ago I paid about £550pp for flights. I also paid £500pp for 5 nights at Hilton Tokyo Bay. Park tickets was £110pp for 3 days. Our hotel in Tokyo (Shinjuku) was £120pp for two nights

When I went a few years ago I paid about £550pp for flights. I also paid £500pp for 5 nights at Hilton Tokyo Bay. Park tickets was £110pp for 3 days. Our hotel in Tokyo (Shinjuku) was £120pp for two nights

Thank you Dan, it seems I'm pretty much in the right area for the price then. Now to start putting the pennies away :)

Flights to Japan are fairly reasonable, as is accommodation and food. In fact, Japan is much cheaper to do than many people expect.

Tokyo Disney Resort is very easy to reach from anywhere in Tokyo. My hotel was in Jimbocho, and it took me about 45 minutes door-to-door. The biggest piece of advice I can give is to arrive very early. The crowds are huge at opening, as there are many Tokyo residents with annual passes that go on every day off they can. However, the parks still run decently, and have good throughput (at Europa-Park level, if not better).

Having done both Tokyo and Hong Kong, I'd definitely recommend both but certainly the former over the latter. DisneySea is my favourite park in the world! Make sure to give yourself a lot of time in Japan to do other things though, it's an amazing country.

Thank you everyone for the advice :)

I've finally booked 2 weeks for Tokyo in March with a minimum of 4 full days to do Tokyo Disney and Disney sea. I was going to do Fuji-Q but quite nervous about their policy to just close. Plus Doponda is shut until the summer, so I figure we'll use that day to hit the arcades.

Again the post was just to say thanks, looking forward to it now :)

Last edited:
Soo I got back from Tokyo and I thought I'd check in and let you guys know we had a blast. I'm still struggling with jet lag, hence the post at 2am but it was worth it.

Tokyo is an amazing city, made better by the politeness and positivity of the people. It's definitely a city every traveller should have on their list. Visiting Mt. Fuji on a clear day was amazing but unfortunately it meant I had to drive past and just look at Fuji-Q :( The coasters look amazing and I'm sure once Doponda is back I'll find an excuse to head back ;) We did a few gaming bars in Shinjuku and I'll admitted I nerdgasmed. Killing and eating zombie brains at the Capcom bar was a particular highlight.

We headed to Tokyo Disneyland and staying on site helped with AshleeKel's advice to get the park early. That coupled with a militant approach to collecting fast pass meant we got on everything and had time to relax to watch a few parades and enjoy all the food and drink to offer at both parks. This was my first Disney park and I have to say I expected great theming but wow that was an understatement. Like Rick I'm not the biggest Disney fan but Disney Sea blew me away, walking from Venice to a Aztec-esque temple through a volcano, whilst traversing through a sea castle and through an Arabian market without once suspending belief I was actually in a park, bravo Disney and OLC! The rides themselves are pure theatre and the staff are amazing.

I could go on for days to say how good this park is but you should go and experience the park for yourself. If you wondering why you should do this over USA/Paris. It's the atmosphere and the people. My girlfriend who has done all the others could not get over how the locals were there just to buy merchandise and then take an incredible amount of selfies or pictures with there new found merchandise. I had to buy some merchandise to carry around just so I didn't feel like the odd one out in the park.

Quick shout out to my favourite rides;
Disneyland
Pooh's Honey Hunt
Monsters Inc hide and seek
Star Tours
Splash mountain
Big Thunder Mountain

Disney Sea
Indiana Jones
Raging spirits
Journey to the Centre of the earth (despite being way too short)
20,000 leagues beneath the sea
Toy Story Mania

I'll leave you with some of my favourite photos that I've actually looked at...

IMG_20170315_221745_zpsafd79m7x.jpg

IMG_20170315_114018_zpsqpzrtkkd.jpg

IMG_20170316_162850_zps6k5f41eo.jpg

IMG_20170316_163337_zps26aw5iiw.jpg

IMG_20170316_200609_zpsawkh3h90.jpg

And finally with a hot buttered rum from Magallens...

IMG_20170316_172321_1_zpsmxtkzuuy.jpg

Cheers :D

Last edited: