• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Top 10 parks in UK

I was almost about to agree.... Until I saw Brighton Pier was number 4. I think it's safe to say we can disregard this list and move along.

Brighton Pier seems to do really well partly because it's free to enter and a lot of people leave reviews who don't seem to spend any money there. Looking on Trip Advisor quite a few people have treated it as looking around a famous landmark for free, so on that basis it was a good experience for them. To be fair the booster that swings you out over the sea is pretty special and it's a reasonable ghost train, but I agree that there are other British parks that I'd rank higher.

I'm sure it just goes off of reviews throughout the year, as much as we find a lot of faults in AT, those who visit less frequently do really like the place!

Also you know it is bad when "The Milky Way Adventure Park" and "Clifton Park" make it into the top ten and Thorpe Park doesn't...

Last edited:
Thorpe and Chessie are not even in the top 10. Yet Clifton Park in Rotherham is LMAO.

For all the stick we give Towers, it's still a good, enjoyable day out if you don't visit often. I look forward to every visit I go because it's rare that I'll visit more than once a year. You can look at Disneyland AP holders who vlog their trips to the parks and they moan about that. You wouldn't pick up on as many issues if you didn't visit as often (ride availability and whatever aside)

This list is pointless though let's be honest. Apparently a Brazilian park is in the top 10 worldwide and I highly doubt it's better than any of the Disney or Universal parks.

The tide definitely seems to turning, with even the public noticing the failings of Merlin.
Some of the comments about Thorpe on Tripadviser are pretty bad and it seems even the public now comment on the poor condition and reliability of the rides. Some of those comments sure would put me off visiting if I did not know the place.

I personally don't take Trip Advisor too seriously or any other similar form of Internet "rate this" site.

Take metacritic for example where someone can post a 10/10 rating for a movie or game just because they like the colour of the case, next to a review score of 0/10 for that same movie or game because it had a confusing title menu or something.

Or Glassdoor, where someone turns over their employer because they don't like the way Dave from accounts always hogs the photocopier.

User reviews can be useful to spot trends in comments and feedback, but user ratings are almost completely useless statistics.