• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Top Tips For Portaventura First Timer?

Dr0id

TS Member
Hi, long time reader lurking in the shadows, first time poster aha!

Our family is visiting PA for 2 days in around two weeks time and I was wondering if any of you had any tips or wise tricks to the park? I know all about express bands and that, so I will most likely forkout for one if needs be but is there a way to beat the crowds and anything not to miss other than the coasters?

Hi @Dr0id

The PortAventura Parks are always extremely busy during Summer so I'd recommend getting to the Resort for 10:30 (if you're not staying in a PortAventura Hotel)

PortAventura Park opens at 10:00hr - 24:00hr and Costa Caribe Aquatic Park opens 10:30hr - 19:00hr. I'd strongly recommend a visit to Costa Caribe while you're over here, it's a lovely Waterpark with some great attractions.

PortAventura Park has staggered openings on some attractions between 10:00-12:00 but if it's your first time then it'll give you chance to walk around. Must do attractions and shows not including coasters:
  • Templo Del Fuego
  • Silver River Flume
  • Hurakan Condor
  • Tutuki Splash
  • SesamóAventura
  • Celebration (Gran Teatro Imperial)
  • FiestAventura
  • Happy Birthday Parade
  • Aloha Tahiti / Noches de Fuego en Tahiti
The Iron Horse Restaurant is also a really nice place to eat with great views and there's also the Steam Train and Water Taxis to get around the Park.

Also have a look if a White Nights event is on during your stay where PortAventura Park is open until 03:00hr with added entertainment throughout the park. Don't forget to pick up a map which has performance times.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
Buy the unlimited fast pass thing. Unfortunately, that's the only way to enjoy the park properly.

This. Unless you want to be stuck in the tightest of cattlepens in the Spanish heat then it really is a must. If you are staying in one of the resort hotels then they are great value for money and well worth it.

:)