• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Toverland: General Discussion

Absolutely love Toverland.

I had a return visit on Wednesday and wow, it really is one of the nicest theme parks I've ever visited. Troy is incredible, there's a fair amount of unique attractions, not one bad ride and the entire park just has such a lovely feel that resonates well with me. A combination of the charming music, stunning landscaping/theming and quality of every single attraction and area... I can't quite put a finger on it, but there's something really special about the place.

I can't quite put a finger on it, but there's something really special about the place.

I think it's the fact that it literally started out as a shed and is now successfully growing into a humble, charming theme park that actually comes across as magical.

Toverland is the personification of that one person everyone has in their life that is always upbeat regardless of everything else, and is always there to pop the kettle on and invite you in.

I think it's the fact that it literally started out as a shed and is now successfully growing into a humble, charming theme park that actually comes across as magical.

Toverland is the personification of that one person everyone has in their life that is always upbeat regardless of everything else, and is always there to pop the kettle on and invite you in.
Not forgetting the delightful charm that is Maximus Blitz Bahn. Which definitely doesn't invoke a mad dash across the park right before ride close to get on it one last time... :p

I jut don’t get why everyone loves Troy. I find it tedious and slight trough with little to redeem it. It just keeps going around corners, whilst you wait for airtime.

Avalon however is an absolute triumph of beautiful themeing and landscaping. It’s amazingly picturesque whilst also having two great attractions. I struggle to think of a more pleasant area in a theme park and the vistas and composition of the area take me back to some of the original Port Aventura design. Beautiful.

Oh yeah, and the trampolines.

I jut don’t get why everyone loves Troy. I find it tedious and slight trough with little to redeem it. It just keeps going around corners, whilst you wait for airtime.
Troy isn't about the airtime for me, it's the total relentlessness from start-to-finish with the fast paced turns, little moments of airtime thrown in and so much force for a wooden coaster.

Also the atmosphere and landscaping around the entire area (in front of the ride, not the ride area) is nice. I really think Toverland is such an underrated park, everything is just lovely!

Absolutely love Toverland.

I had a return visit on Wednesday and wow, it really is one of the nicest theme parks I've ever visited. Troy is incredible, there's a fair amount of unique attractions, not one bad ride and the entire park just has such a lovely feel that resonates well with me. A combination of the charming music, stunning landscaping/theming and quality of every single attraction and area... I can't quite put a finger on it, but there's something really special about the place.

I love Tover but it does have one bad ride....

The motorbike coaster!

For what was a prototype ride system/concept and where Toverland was in terms of its development it's perfectly fine. I mean it's 15 years old now, and it's still not a terrible ride in comparison to what some smaller parks have had over the years.

Looopings has just reported that a fire broke out on of the towers in the Land van Toos hall and it's since been evacuated. Unsure if the rest of the park has been evacuated.

Oh dear. A theme park fire is bad enough when it is outdoors. :/ Are there any further updates?

Oh dear. A theme park fire is bad enough when it is outdoors. :/ Are there any further updates?

Oh, it's all fine now, it was under control very quickly. It was rather the towers at the former entrance that caught fire rather than anything indoors, so I must've misread it. A Limburg news site have said visitors were allowed to go back in after 15 minutes anyway.

Toverland's received the drone video treatment too, albeit for a current affairs programme in the Netherlands and shared with permission by the video owner. Both Fenix and Djengu River are shown testing whilst Troy's structure is checked.

Toverland has re-opened today. From what I have seen on social media, social distancing appears to be easy as the park seems to be dead. But lot of markers on the floors in queues for attractions, food outlets and toilets. Rows closed off on coasters (I still don't get this considering the speed they go at) and hand sanitser stations around the park.

Another 'first visit in four years' post, this time with Toverland.

Ever since my initial visit, I've been championing this park to grow and succeed perhaps more than any other European park. I'll make no excuse at being a fanboy of Toverland and seeing its potential, but never could I have expected such a radical transformation to the point that it was almost unrecognisable.

The new entrance is exactly what the park needed. Even the obviously temporary toilet block in place of what I suspect will eventually become a resort hotel, is themed with the charm and magic that Toverland is modestly great at delivering.

Port Laguna is a welcoming, bright area with lots of energy; the perfect location for the shows that Toverland has been running across the park in years past. The evolution from entering via the rather novice, play factory styled indoor hall to this vivid, bespoke entrance part of the park is a whole new level. The comforting and familiar notes of IMAscore dialled up to 11 complements it perfectly, and the whole product of this area just feels right.

Oh, and Avalon? Almost every square inch of it is picture-perfect.

The panoramic vista from left to right on entering the area is almost staggeringly beautiful. From a park that had its humble beginnings emerge from a shed, this is otherwordly. So much care has been taken at crafting fine thematic details or filling void spots with colourful landscaping. The soundtracks are gorgeous, Fenix is majestic to observe and Merlin's Quest is the perfect tranquil opportunity to really take in what this area has to offer. Both the indoor portion of the boat ride and Fenix's queue lines are seemingly unchartered territory for Toverland, who up until now, have only had Maximus Blitzbahn and Djengu River as a real effort to utilise indoor queue line theming. Needless to say, they've hit the nail on the head and have created both gorgeous, themed environments but also produced the perfect atmospheres for each respectively.

The Flaming Feather is what I envision the Crooked Spoon could have looked like had Merlin given it thought and a proper budget. The food and drinks were faultless, as was the service. A meal in here is almost certain to staple it as your 'go-to' for dining on any visit to the park. Even the toilets were a sight to behold, themed to every last possible crevice.

The only issues I have with the area fall to its headlining wing coaster. It's safe to say many jaws dropped when it was revealed Toverland had suddenly stumped up the cash for a B&M, particularly a wing coaster. Whilst it is one of the shorter models, it certainly doesn't fail to offer up moments of intensity that other wing coasters such as The Swarm through to Gatekeeper simply fail to match. It's smooth, the colour scheme is magnificent and the soundtrack is amongst IMAscore's finest works.

The first issue with Fenix, however, can be found the moment you walk into Avalon. That beautiful vista that I mentioned was almost picture-perfect? Fenix's un-themed, tin shed of an exterior wall where the track exits and enters from sticks out like a polar bear on a tropical island. The indoor section prior to the lift-hill is also the same, with just an empty black void before reaching (a rather impressive) dragon animatronic. Given how the park has absolutely succeeded at the ride itself, the queue line and the whole area, it seems absurd to have missed off these two gaping flaws in what would otherwise be a perfect package.

I suspect budgets will be the main issue here, and hopefully, they are rectified in time. After all, costs elsewhere certainly weren't scrimped out on for the delivery of Avalon and the most part of Fenix. The only other issue I have is how sodding steep those exit stairs are!

Everything else remains as delightful as I remember. Toverland is a park whereby you can see the progression as you walk through it. From the very first hall that opened with the park, through to the forest section in the second hall, right out across to Troy and through to their last big themed project prior to Port Laguna and Avalon in the form of Magic Valley. It's a park that has real promise, attention to detail and absolutely loves to immerse its guests in... well... magic.

How many visitors does Toverland draw in a year? Judging by reports and the amount of investment we’re seeing, I feel like their number should be quite high for a park their size (maybe 1.5-2m), but I’ve never actually seen it appear in the TEA top 25 in Europe before, so I’m assuming it’s lower than that.

Does anyone actually know how many guests Toverland draws in a year? I wouldn’t like to guess, but I’d be very surprised if it’s below 1 million, personally.

Regardless of that, glad to see you had a nice time @Danny! I think Toverland is certainly a park to watch over the next decade or so, as I feel they’re right in that prime growth phase!

I rode Fēnix in it's opening year and agree with everything you've said. I'm surprised they've not done any work to the exterior or interior of the warehouse though, after 2 years; I thought that'd be high on their priority list. The dragon indoors is certainly new though.