• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Toverland: General Discussion

I was gutted to miss out on Toverland on Saturday as I raced back to avoid quarantine. It has been long enough!

Next year!

The Flaming Feather is what I envision the Crooked Spoon could have looked like had Merlin given it thought and a proper budget. The food and drinks were faultless, as was the service. A meal in here is almost certain to staple it as your 'go-to' for dining on any visit to the park. Even the toilets were a sight to behold, themed to every last possible crevice.

The Flaming Feather! :hearteyes:

Pleased to hear that you were a fan of both Port Laguna and Avalon; both areas really do add a lot to the park.

The flaming feather is a lovely restaurant, the little band that moved around Avalon during the day popped in to play a few songs when I last visited.

First visited in 2017, so going back the next year and 2019 the changes the new areas brought from previously entering via the giant warehouses was amazing.

Thought the same about those steps when coming off Fenix as well, just so steep!

Also the late closing of 9pm with is now every day in the summer his year is great. Port Laguna is open till 10pm and even has a DJ and bar. It’s a shame we couldn’t have stayed later to have a drink and stuff, but by the end of the holiday we needed food and an early night.

it is a shame that the tin shed still remains for Fenix, it’s slightly improved with the dragon at the bottom of the lift which wasn’t there on my first visit. However you’ve got this lovely queue and station and then you literally come in to a black tin shed. I just hope it’s not left like that for too long, even some rock work would improve it.

I’ve no clue but I guess a hotel will be next, or they’ll expand this camping which they are doing this season on their old car park. The logical place will be near the entrance as they can keep port Laguna open as late as they wish, especially in the summer. I guess if they then expand it will be next to Fenix, which might make them theme the rest of the tin shed building all round.

I know that they are very keen for a hotel, and Port Laguna was built very much with that in mind. Like pretty much all major theme park projects though, I would imagine any prospect of it can be put back by a year or two. It would have been a fairly risky investment for them without Covid.

Toverland have announced additional theming to their log flume, Expedition Zork, as well as two giant obstacle-filled marble runs (whatever they are). This is all for 2022:

Looks like a vast improvement!

Rumors have it that Toverland are expanding the Avalon area and that a drop tower is coming to the park in the next couple of years.

Permit has already been filed.

Sorry source:-

Last edited:
So translating it says they are planning two large and two small rides in Avalon, opening in 2023. So I assume some kind of construction will begin soon

Question is what do we think the rides will be, and where in the area will they go.

Hopefully if a drop tower is going in then it's something along the lines of Mystery Castle rather than anything akin to Highlander.

They really ought to finish Fenix's theming off first though!

Some new rides in Avalon will be perfect for the park and help to complete the area. Will be interested to see what they do turn out to be,

That new indoor section right before it returns to the main building is adorable. That and the queue line itself are the clear improvements, Hopefully this sort of treatment creeps into the front section of the main building with the junior coaster and the slides next.