• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

I know Towers Trading occupies all of the buildings on this side, but this must have also been a standalone shop at one point many years ago. You can see there was a dooryway there at some point at the windows have been boarded up. Doesn't look very good IMO, although the paintwork is nice.

Would be a lot nicer is if they could put a door there and dress the windows to make it look like a shop, even if its never open. Like what Universal did with the a lot of the fake shops in Hogsmeade.
So you say you want windows showing off merchandise.
Cbeebies merch at toddler eye level, current new ride merch in prominent point.
I can see merlin being happy and shouts of money grabber in some areas of this forum.
:D

Would be a lot nicer is if they could put a door there and dress the windows to make it look like a shop, even if its never open. Like what Universal did with the a lot of the fake shops in Hogsmeade.

Sadly this is a difficult thing to do when you haven't got any decent merchandise to show off.

I think i'd rather them boarded up than look at a load of cheap plastic tat.

So you say you want windows showing off merchandise.
Cbeebies merch at toddler eye level, current new ride merch in prominent point.
I can see merlin being happy and shouts of money grabber in some areas of this forum.
:D

Well that's the legit way of making money, yes. It's not so "in yer face" like their other tactics and has the added benifit making the place look nicer.

Sadly this is a difficult thing to do when you haven't got any decent merchandise to show off.

Ok fair point, so just get creative with it instead. Surely they can dress up the windows with a bit of theming, the odd animatronic, fantastical gifts etc. The main entrance to Towers Trading has stuffed teddy's, toys and boxes on the rooftop. Go with a similar idea? A little set dressing goes a long way in a bit of interest, sparkle and magic.

Anyway, I've been thinking. What even is Towers Street?

My understanding is it was supposed to be a clone of Main Street at Disney's parks (along with the monorail) - a quaint little street filled with cute shops selling all kinds of goodies, food and beverage, but done in a very English way.

As it stands it's just a bunch of random buildings, boarded up, with a pretty colour scheme.

In terms of theming, it's a rarely discussed area of the park.

I've always been fond of Towers Street. It was originally supposed to be a victorian/merry England style clone of Main Street and in its early years served that purpose rather well, especially when it had the luscious flower displays up the middle.

But the 2 main things that have turned it into little more than a largely ignored introductory corridor when entering and exiting the park, is the closure of the shops and retheming of Merry England to Mutiny Bay. I understand it would make no business sense to open up any of the shops and the quaint English theme seems a little dated these days.

I really like this new colour scheme design for it and I was a fan of the phot kiosk and Box Office building last year. It always seemed like a wannabe main Street USA, but now has its own distinctive look to it, almost colourful gothic which suits the park.

As for breathing life into it, I do think something needs to be done with those shop windows. Having window displays is a good idea and would make the area feel more lively and less of a facade. I'd also like to see corner coffee, Towers Trading and the restaurant open at 9:00 for breakfast. Before the park opens. It would be far better having the crowds hanging around Towers Street spending money and chilling out rather than crowding around the entrance gates. Would probably reduce the amount of entrance kiosk and gate staff needed as well.

Maybe having shop windows like those found in Amsterdam might encourage more people to visit the park? lol

The promo art would be typical towers.

Total CGI... be in for a nasty surprise when you go in thinking you'll be getting the smoothness of a mack but ultimately end up with the rattle of a Gerst. And not to mention they'd steal your wallet.

Oh - and no doubt an IP partnership with 50 shades of Grey for good measure... ;)

Last edited:
restaurant open at 9:00 for breakfast
This did happen for a while. Mainly before the "incident" and all the other closures. Also I think the Crooked Spoon wasn't thought through properly so doesn't actually have enough capacity for everyone to eat breakfast there so they were encouraging some lodge guests to eat at Towers St instead.

I think having corner coffee open for breakfast at 9 would be a good idea. We stayed at a local premier inn last time we visited and struggled to find somewhere for breakfast on the go the next morning as we wanted to get to the park. This would solve this problem and also gets people to the park earlier reducing rush at the gates.

A twitter Update on the new shutters. I hope they keep these well maintain, otherwise these could soon turn back into manual ones again

"New electric shutters at the park entrance, upgraded from the old manual brown shutters installed in the early 90s."

C342qgMWcAEviej.jpg

C342tFPWYAAg1dv.jpg

I am astounded anybody at all could care what kind of shutters a visitor attraction has.

If the updates were insightful and of genuine considered improvements, like say the rest of Nemesis being painted, Oblivion's rotting buildings rebuilt, Duel's scenes/effects entirely restored, then the TLC page would be a nice thing for fans. Perhaps even a video interview with a head engineer for insight into the annual maintenance of rides.

But instead, this is bizarrely like propaganda from some weird communist government, trying to prove something to fans through menial DIY work, whilst the park itself is in a pretty bad place.

"Installed in the early 90s". Do we need to know this? Is this supposed to make people proud that at long last a theme park has upgraded to your average high street shop status after 25 years?

So telling of how much the UK industry is in the gutter and sad to see.

Last edited:
I think having corner coffee open for breakfast at 9 would be a good idea. We stayed at a local premier inn last time we visited and struggled to find somewhere for breakfast on the go the next morning as we wanted to get to the park. This would solve this problem and also gets people to the park earlier reducing rush at the gates.
This is a problem for loads of guests. Prepared food and hot bevs have massive margins. I would imagine all corner coffee would need is 2 staff, about 4 in the Restaurant in at 9:00 to serve guests entering the park. Open the ticket barriers.and start flooding people in to Towers Street to chill out and spend cash. Seems like an idiot proof way of printing money to me.

Just open rides at the stated opening time, with ERT rides having staff at the entrance to them. TS can open earlier than even ERT

I would do the same in the evening in reverse as well. Judging by the queues for Doughnuts, and the queue for the drive through for McDonald's on the A500 after park close, there's definitely a market for grabbing some dinner before hitting the road. Turfing everyone out at half 4 on an empty stomach is madness.

I would do the same in the evening in reverse as well. Judging by the queues for Doughnuts, and the queue for the drive through for McDonald's on the A500 after park close, there's definitely a market for grabbing some dinner before hitting the road. Turfing everyone out at half 4 on an empty stomach is madness.

Something like the Disney villages would be lovely! Would be a nice expansion to the resort side of things!