• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

What about the tent near sonic? Late summer nights looking over the lake? Guess they just want out and gone. Dont want riff raff on park after close.

Also I'm sure carved meat was one of the stations on the buffet at Flambos' (but I haven't been for dinner since they changed to the weird U shaped layout) so I have had carvery in the hotel before. But also Flambo's is £20 as you are paying for a three course meal. Whereas Towers St was more like £8.

Also I'm sure carved meat was one of the stations on the buffet at Flambos' (but I haven't been for dinner since they changed to the weird U shaped layout) so I have had carvery in the hotel before. But also Flambo's is £20 as you are paying for a three course meal. Whereas Towers St was more like £8.

They did indeed. Flambos had everything on their buffet menu. You also could watch the meat being cooked in the big ovens, chefs were in full view to put on a show, like you get in a top class restuarant. All this back in the days when you could expect a bit of quality from the hotels.

Speaking of the U shaped layout, what brain dead muppet came up with that idea? Like hey, lets just extend the kitchen out, for no reason, and take up all this space which would usually occupy 10-15 paying customers. Nice one.

Think Flambos is £21.95 now. Went up in price last year

Bloody hell! I remember when it was £15, and then all the controversy when they pushed it up to £17!

Maybe they put the price up to £22 now because there's less capacity with their super efficient (not) U shaped layout? Gotta make up those losses some now. Another top notch job from the UK's Number 1 Resort, resort, resort, resort, resort......

Burger Kitchen in Cloud Cuckoo Land would be the ideal location for a restaurant with a variety of food on offer. The restaurants on park are OK but it's all a bit 'samey'. Would be nice to see a restaurant that does more than burgers/wraps/salads.

A carvery would fit well at Towers, like said different guests have different tastes, if they had this in the Towers Street restaurant (does it really do much business as a bar now?) and extended opening later into the evening (as mentioned), this could work well.

Towers Street is such a lost opportunity, they could easily have a variety of buildings used. Clothes shop, toy shop, merchandise shop, sweet shop, bakery, restaurant, guest services in its own separate building, they could even have a mini exhibition/museum of Towers history. Throw in some street ents/shows and you would have a lively and fun area before you end your day. At present, apart from the shop and complaining in the Box Office, Towers Street is nothing more than a long walk through to and from the monorail/car parks.

I really don't think Towers Street is that much of a problem. I would like more of the buildings open of course, but what's there is more than acceptable. The area, or Street, isn't that big, so it doesn't feel like there's loads missing in the way it would if Main St USA had a lot of empty buildings.

I get the argument about ents/shows. Personally, I've never been remotely bothered about theme park shows or ents, but I recognise their use in making an area more vibrant and lively.

I only ever purchase food on the park during the late night events.

As for opening up Towers street for breakfast, sounds like a great idea, but if you are like me, I would rather have breakfast first thing at home, grab a second breakfast as I pass Uttoxeter McDonalds, and then as soon as the gates open, make my way straight to the rides. If I'm staying in over night accommodation, then breakfast is usually included.

I do believe that they should open the main gates at least 15 minutes before the rides open to allow us time to get to the rides. However with the later morning opening times, I feel that there will be more of a stampede to the rides first thing in the morning.

If they have more food outlets that is open on the park after the rides have all closed, then I would rather grab something quick before my journey home.

I do feel that the woodcutters restaurant would also be beneficial for later openings after the park has closed.

If you want a sit down meal at the resort, then you have the rollercoaster restaurant and also the hotel restaurants where you can eat, even if you are not a resort resident, but providing the hotels are not full booked out. Also the plus side is that by the time that you finish your meal, the parking barriers are raised up, so free parking. Probably another reason for not having food outlets open after ride closure, the quicker they get you out, the more money they make from the parking (as it's costing them money in parking attendants). More profit in parking than having a food outlet opening late ;)

Personally I have a big breakfast at home, then fold a sandwich into my face as I walk through the gates a couple of hours later, with my pockets full of snacks.
Eastern express kebab for lunch, then more snacks waiting in the car for the way home.
Local takeaway on getting home.
(Beer at the Courtyard Tavern compulsory of course).

I do the breakfast at home thing, then take a backpack with a packed lunch buy a quencher for me and littledelta to share as fluids are heavy to carry around all day. Then at the end of the day, a bag of snacks left in the car to eat whist watching car park exit scrum time.

It is coming up to the end of the second closed period of TLC. Although i would like to of seen more TLC, however that the enthusiast in me.
Look at it from an estates staff point, they have carried on with what looks like a planned out scheme of works. Which is delivering on remit.
I am waiting to see how the rest of the TLC scheme pans out.

Last edited: