• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Any news on the monorail, particularly the inside of the carriages, having a sprinkle of TLC? Last season the trains were looking very grubby and they don't give a very good general first impression of the park?

Tbh I'd be more concerned about the outside. It just feels like your getting into a big advertising board currently. Its about time the monorail was given a modern, sleek livery. Make the monorail part of the experience, not just a necessity used for advertising purposes.

Although yes, the interiors could do with a clean up. Jet white maybe?

;)

are the just shutters with signs on of have they boarded up the game stalls ?
The game stalls have been boarded up and vinals have been put on top. I think they will probably re-open the game stalls next year after all the SW8 development. The whole area will probably have a huge facelift. (please can they remove the tacky arcade)

Any news on the monorail, particularly the inside of the carriages, having a sprinkle of TLC? Last season the trains were looking very grubby and they don't give a very good general first impression of the park?
I agree with you haven't seen any details of developments.

Last edited by a moderator:
6672d76a90f17e078e59cf84403bc7f9.jpg

a2611f4288ee7a3f0820ae26cd13bcbe.jpg

d8113c0d0eb061f9bcc7c5668a7434d5.jpg

They've stated she's now complete.

Looks great, although I'm a little concerned they may not have done the roof (look at the leg behind the bridge into the station second image and just behind the eye on the third).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great! The legs don't seem to morph into the track quite right though? The new paint seems to have stopped before the actual track spines?

6672d76a90f17e078e59cf84403bc7f9.jpg

a2611f4288ee7a3f0820ae26cd13bcbe.jpg

d8113c0d0eb061f9bcc7c5668a7434d5.jpg

They've stated she's now complete.

Looks great, although I'm a little concerned they may not have done the roof (look at the leg behind the bridge into the station second image and just behind the eye on the third).

Looks amazing!
Oblivion refurb next?
New queue, soundtrack, themeing and a repaint would be nice to see!

Looks brilliant. Not really arsed in a sense it's taking three years at least, but it's nice to see it getting done!

"The monster refurbishment is such a huge task to scenically repaint, it's actually scheduled over 4 years, with next year being the back of the station and the following year the roof.

Unfortunately we still don't have a solution for turning the water red again, it's still in our long term intentions to get it back, however it will require a significant change to the current set up in how the water is stored and used."
- Alton's TLC Facebook page.

"
Unfortunately we still don't have a solution for turning the water red again, it's still in our long term intentions to get it back, however it will require a significant change to the current set up in how the water is stored and used."
- Alton's TLC Facebook page.

Subtext: we can't do it until we stop making local farmland go red

The detail is amazing and this is a fantastic job, I never thought I'd see it done so well. But I do wish they'd stop misleading people. It is not "such a huge task to scenically repaint" that it will take 4 years - it probably took a very short amount of time to do it in the first place, so would only be slightly longer now with the process of cleaning & re-priming it.

The only reason it is scheduled for 4 years is because they are not being granted enough money to do it properly all in one go, and so only have one artist to work on it. Fair play to them for not compromising its quality, but I wish TLC didnt contain so much misinformation really. Even the name TLC is misleading, "maintenance" would be the truth, but I guess we all know that.

Still it is an amazing job that shows how scenic restoration should be done properly - and this I believe actually looks much more Nemesis than it its original finish in 1994.

Looks great, all this tlc is very positive. The future is looking good for towers if they carry on investing time and money into smaller projects like this to make the park tidy and immersive!

The detail is amazing and this is a fantastic job, I never thought I'd see it done so well. But I do wish they'd stop misleading people. It is not "such a huge task to scenically repaint" that it will take 4 years - it probably took a very short amount of time to do it in the first place, so would only be slightly longer now with the process of cleaning & re-priming it.

The only reason it is scheduled for 4 years is because they are not being granted enough money to do it properly all in one go, and so only have one artist to work on it. Fair play to them for not compromising its quality, but I wish TLC didnt contain so much misinformation really. Even the name TLC is misleading, "maintenance" would be the truth, but I guess we all know that.

Still it is an amazing job that shows how scenic restoration should be done properly - and this I believe actually looks much more Nemesis than it its original finish in 1994.

Money is an issue but the other is getting the yearly maintenance done at the same time, not many rollercoaster stations have a 40ft quarry on one side of the ride requiring good access via scaffolding, which further limit running the ride.

I would suggest last year was "let's do what we can with the money we have", this year they had the money but it was "what can we get done with the time we have"

Money is an issue but the other is getting the yearly maintenance done at the same time, not many rollercoaster stations have a 40ft quarry on one side of the ride requiring good access via scaffolding, which further limit running the ride.

I would suggest last year was "let's do what we can with the money we have", this year they had the money but it was "what can we get done with the time we have"
I agree there is more logistics involved in these things. Many people couldn't grasp the fact that it takes a long time to replace the floor in a listed queue line for hex.

I'm sure they've come up with the best strategy, and that the job is made far more difficult after years of neglect than a straightforward clean and repaint, but the stem issue is simply that they're not being given a budget big enough. Four winters to properly paint a building is very telling of what they're working with.

If this were a small park, the budget restraint would be completely reasonable (even the current budget must be in the £million ballpark), but not at a Merlin park where the charge to guests should justify having the station looking top quality at all times anyway. The company has the money to do it, it's just their policy that says no to the park.

Still, its an improvement from the previous budget of £0 that was given the previous time the Nemesis monster was requested for a repaint - for its 20th anniversary I believe.

I'm sure they've come up with the best strategy, and that the job is made far more difficult after years of neglect than a straightforward clean and repaint, but the stem issue is simply that they're not being given a budget big enough. Four winters to properly paint a building is very telling of what they're working with.

If this were a small park, the budget restraint would be completely reasonable (even the current budget must be in the £million ballpark), but not at a Merlin park where the charge to guests should justify having the station looking top quality at all times anyway. The company has the money to do it, it's just their policy that says no to the park.

Still, its an improvement from the previous budget of £0 that was given the previous time the Nemesis monster was requested for a repaint - for its 20th anniversary I believe.
I agree they should invest more into renovating the parks rather than just making huge new investments and neglecting other parts of their parks.

Didnt realise this particular project was spread over 4 years. Although I'm sure they originally stated TLC was a 3 year programme..? Good to hear it seems like its going on for longer.

Really impressed with the quality of work on Hex & Nemesis. Very happy to hear their intention is to bring back the blood :)