• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

there is 3 basic factors involved in maintenance. time, money and staff.
we can all complain about what is not being done. however I can see the line TLC has to walk, as it happens in all maintenance departments all over the world.

TLC is doing a smashing job of what it has done, and i hope the project gets funded for another 3 years. As i would love to see what they can do with the extra time.

There's a "triangle of excusion" diagram when it comes to budgets:
You can have something done 'properly', 'cheaply', or 'quickly'. Pick any TWO of those and It'll work, but you can't have all three.

Hey Diogo, I always do a garden properly, quickly and cheaply, so I can spend the whole afternoon riding the coasters.
That's why I have a full book and lots of people wanting to take me on.
You just need the correct incentive scheme!
Still say TLC is nothing more than routine maintainance that should have been done without all the bullsh!t.
"We haven't been looking after our toys properly for about ten years, but hey, we have started to do a proper job again, but because we let things get into such a state, it will take a few years to get things back to an acceptable standard again. We could do it all within one closed season, but that would mean spending one percent of our profits, and we don't want to."
That would be a bit more honest.

Well, they've probably fought for the budget given and got it against the odds. I wouldn't say the team doing TLC "don't want to", that would be wrong. Rather than paint it cheaply again, they've decided to break it up over 4 years to achieve that professional quality on the budget given.

But remember the whole station was designed, built and painted in one period in the first place. That's why I think it's misleading to excuse the budget they've been given by those above them, in saying "it's such a large job" - large for Merlin's stingy scenic budgets only.

Same as that Nemesis should have never looked so poor in the first place. Here's if you need reminding of its early 2000 days..!

Nemesis Alton Towers by garyholc, on Flickr

Another advantage of spreading over four years is that it shouldn't look faded as quick as part is newer. Then if it needs doing again it can be spread out again.

Another advantage of spreading over four years is that it shouldn't look faded as quick as part is newer. Then if it needs doing again it can be spread out again.

That is also the potential flaw of it being spread over four years as well. Come 2019 when it is all done parts may looks brilliant whilst the areas done in 2016 may look somewhat weathered. Hopefully this won't be the case though and they will properly maintain this new station work.

It really does look fantastic though and like others have said I think it looks much better than it did even in 1994.

:)

The best part about this is that people can really see the detail and design work in the Nemesis station now.

Instead of an ugly mouldy blob it actually has an effect on you. The monstrous shape can really work on the guests now, instead of just enthusiasts telling you "it's meant to be an alien monster". It's whatever your imagination tells you it is now, because the impression lends so well.

I thought I knew it but there are all new monstrous details and intestine-type weirdness that I'm really surprised by. A lot of funky design was put into Nemesis. The great design was there all along, but has essentially been broken for a long time - and is now fixed, so can work its magic on guests again.

I think we'd find a lot of surprising examples of this kind of effect if more restoration was carried out across UK parks.

TLC tweet

After months of fine tuning, tonight we experienced Hex from start to finish and we are pleased to say that it was simply magical!

C6lL2UNWkAASG6i.jpg

Loved corkscrew, don't get me wrong, but the last part of the park anyone thought "ooooh that's a bit hanging" was this. I'm sure it had the odd scratch and dollop of bird shit on it, but it's hardly the Oblivion queue line is it?

All that great work on Nemesis and Hex, then they go and pour money down the drain doing this.

Loved corkscrew, don't get me wrong, but the last part of the park anyone thought "ooooh that's a bit hanging" was this. I'm sure it had the odd scratch and dollop of bird **** on it, but it's hardly the Oblivion queue line is it?

All that great work on Nemesis and Hex, then they go and pour money down the drain doing this.

Treat the Corkscrew with more dignity and respect ;)

It was the iconic Corksrew that first put Alton on the map and marked the place as a themepark. It's the first thing that people see when they arrive and the last thing that they see when they leave. First and last impressions count

I feel that the TLC this year has raise the standard of the park to a new level, there has also been a few nice surprises along the way. It's never going to be possible to do the whole park over the winter, but I'm hoping that they will keep up the TLC program to this standard every closed season.

Next year we have secret weapon 8 and I got a feeling that next year the park will be brought up to even better standards.
I fully appreciate that the park is still far from perfect, but I rather praise the park for the little things that they do right however small (positive reinforcement) as oppose to criticise the things that they get wrong (negative reinforcement).

I know that I've poked fun at the park over the past couple of years, but I really take my hat off to what they have done with the TLC over the last couple of closed seasons, very much appreciated and well done to the team.

Roy:)

Treat the Corkscrew with more dignity and respect ;)

It was the iconic Corksrew that first put Alton on the map and marked the place as a themepark. It's the first thing that people see when they arrive and the last thing that they see when they leave. First and last impressions count

I feel that the TLC this year has raise the standard of the park to a new level, there has also been a few nice surprises along the way. It's never going to be possible to do the whole park over the winter, but I'm hoping that they will keep up the TLC program to this standard every closed season.

Next year we have secret weapon 8 and I got a feeling that next year the park will be brought up to even better standards.
I fully appreciate that the park is still far from perfect, but I rather praise the park for the little things that they do right however small (positive reinforcement) as oppose to criticise the things that they get wrong (negative reinforcement).

I know that I've poked fun at the park over the past couple of years, but I really take my hat off to what they have done with the TLC over the last couple of closed seasons, very much appreciated and well done to the team.

Roy:)
Well said couldn't agree more
The state of the park will take more than a couple of closed seasons to get back to a high standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loved corkscrew, don't get me wrong, but the last part of the park anyone thought "ooooh that's a bit hanging" was this. I'm sure it had the odd scratch and dollop of bird **** on it, but it's hardly the Oblivion queue line is it?

You for real? They give Corkscrew, the iconic ride which put Alton Towers on the map, which stands proudly in the entrance plaza a lick of paint, and you are complaining about it?!!! Shhheeesshhh, like I said in an earlier post, there is just no pleasing some people.