• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

@electricBill, I don't go out of my way to be argumentative or arrogant, but I don't post much fluff and typically am quite direct in my response. Apologies if you have construed my posts to be either of those things.

In terms of the music, I don't actually disagree with some of what you say, I just think you are over emphasising the impact that those things have on the average guest. How many guests would look at the Smiler and conclude that it's a badly built, rush job vs. a group of enthusiasts?

It's the same as a film critic who writes about their disdain for the latest superhero film, criticising its two dimensional characters and recycled plot before it goes on to gross $800m at the box office....

In this case, you are the film critic - I am trying to put forward the view of those that parted with the $800m. That's all.

@electricBillIn terms of the music, I don't actually disagree with some of what you say, I just think you are over emphasising the impact that those things have on the average guest. How many guests would look at the Smiler and conclude that it's a badly built, rush job vs. a group of enthusiasts?

Actually, quite a lot. Small things have a huge impact, but the average guest simply doesn't know how to put in to words what is wrong or what they don't like about a new attraction. They aren't as tuned in or have studied it the way enthusiasts do, so their response is simply "it isn't as good as that other ride".

Parks guests, like any kind of audience, have absolutely no idea what they want. They have no idea or understanding of how any level of showmanship works. It's up to the imagineers, designers, writers, artists etc to come up with ways to entertain people.

That's why all of these survey's towers keep conducting are absolutely meaningless, and will only hinder their future attractions if they try to design something which will please people based on what they say they want.

It's like firework survey they took at the end of the last season. Questions like "how important are the lasers with the fireworks?" - As if the average person has any clue how to answer that in a useful way.

Can you imagine Michael McIntyre asking his audience what kind of jokes they would like to hear?

Even miserable old me has to concede that the audio efforts around the park are commendable these last 2 seasons. They've injected a much needed upbeat and immersive atmosphere and helped detract from the deflating feeling of an increasingly hollow and sparse park.

Sure, some are a bit dodgy. I personally dislike the new heritage track but I prefer it to nothing and I'm glad these areas have a coherent musical theme. Dark Forest is always cranked up way too loud but then does a good job of over compensating for the tacky "Ug Land painted a bit darker with a few twigs and a big fence" visual theming of the area. Oblivion..... well at least it has something.

Most of the decent classics such as KC, Duel and Nemesis are all still around. The new Towers Street is superb, the monorail track is decent and so is Galactica.

I have many scathing criticisms of the park at the moment, but music certainly isn't one of them. Despite its many flaws still, I actually think the in Park music efforts over the last 2 seasons should be applauded.

I was at Towers yesterday and spent quite a bit of time around Nemmy. Sadly I concluded the side of the station that received TLC last year has already started to fade quite a lot, especially when you compare it to the most recent part. It's going to look a little odd particularly if the remaining sections are being spread over a further two years.

Quite sad really because I really like the look of the work and just love seeing her in a good state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took my little boy to Towers yesterday. Most of CBeebies Land was looking pretty good, but In the Night Garden is in such a sorry state! The whole thing is dirty and faded. The Ninky Nonk isn't working. The audio is out of sync with the ride. It just looks a mess.

Just how I remembered it when it first opened ;)

Off topic but I'm sure you were in the Furchester Hotel with us yesterday! Mine was the little loon who wouldn't sit down and kept wandering up and down the front and staring at the characters (not the one trying to feed the cookie monster)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ssshhh! Are you sure that it was Jess and me in the Furchester Hotel yesterday situated at the back next to the fire exit? You are ruining my street cred here ;)

It was nice and quiet on park yesterday, so Jess and I thought that we check into the Furchester Hotel. First time we seen the show and it looked like your little loon was also enjoying it too.

Reactions: Amy
I understand a lot of the issues in CBeebies Land have been resolved, Amy.

:)

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Amy
Just how I remembered it when it first opened ;)
I thought it was excellent when it first opened. I took my baby girl on it and it was like being in the actual programme. The very next year however, it was filthy and covered in green mank with some of the effects broken.

I thought it was excellent when it first opened. I took my baby girl on it and it was like being in the actual programme. The very next year however, it was filthy and covered in green mank with some of the effects broken.

I went on it a few days (maybe a week) after it opened and the the Ninky Nonks train and track was removed for repair as it was broken. If I remember, they temporarily replace the train with a static one until they got it fixed and a lot of the other effects didn't work.

I've not been back on it since

The first time I went on, the Ninky Nonk was working.

How hard can it be to keep something as simple as that working??