• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

When Thorpe did their special, make up for DBGT not working the first evening, late night event last September the place was quiet busy, late nig opening do work if promoted properly.

They asked for feedback from our last visit and I suggested an 11-7 or 12-8/9 openings a few times to see how it goes because even staying in the hotel, c!osing the park at 5 is too early. I expect it'll be put in file 53 though.

yeah, scrounging on whatever leftovers you can find in the discarded fast food containers in amongst the trees and bushes

Tbh open the gardens on the off days when the park is shut, throw in an outlet or two open for light snacks and drinks and you're on to a winner
There would probably be a good uptake on that make the tickets £10 and it would more than likely break even

I know its been mentioned before but how would people feel if duel and the area was rethemed to ghostbusters 5d (like at heide park)
In my opinion it would work well and better than just turning duel back to a haunted house.

Well if they take aspects of that one and from Heide park but using less screens then I think it would do great!!!

Sorry it was just an idea, I would prefer a high quality upgrade rather than anything major too. But in todays market I don't think a haunted house would do as well as a shooting dark ride!!! This is just my opinion. However I still think it would be cool whatever happens

In my opinion it would work well and better than just turning duel back to a haunted house.
What if it turned back into a really good haunted house, not just the one in your and Alton Towers executives' imaginations? Not a bog standard boring haunted house, a high energy & Gothic one that would really hit the spot for families. Really, another franchised to death IP with a cheap redo will be a real loss to Alton Towers.

Duel as it currently is needs to go, but Ghostbusters would be a cash in travesty. I cannot possibly imagine Merlin doing a great job of a haunted house - it's a huge building, meant for a big ambitious ride and (if Gruffalo's anything to go by, with its thinly spread sets) Merlin dont commit proper budgets to big dark rides - but they ought to challenge themselves.