• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

give some of the surrounding scenery (jeep, channel-side props) a lick of paint/scrub.

It's not a jeep. It is a series 2B landrover, its got a individual shape.

(Yes photo is a screenshot of my phones wallpaper)
a18e3c91b6114cf642a8f4be95c56e86.jpg

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Concur with restoring the jeep/landrover as well as some of the other theming around the ride that has been missing, grown over, or rotted away over the years. Does anyone ever even notice the theming along the back of Pizza Pasta? There was once a lot around that area.

Also the random water features and jets which were removed some years ago. Return those.

I also preferred the high backed red boats with padded seats. These yellow ones are crap.

I've never understood why people think Katanga is one of the best themed areas. There's so many dead spots but it'd be really easy for them to amend that. Place some tribal masks in the queueline, maybe some statues and stuff on the rapids.
I like Katanga partially because of its soundtrack. Especially the one they used up until 2015. I think it was this one:

Such a great soundtrack!

I like Katanga partially because of its soundtrack. Especially the one they used up until 2015. I think it was this one:

Such a great soundtrack!

Don't they just play all 3 soundtracks now? I've heard all 3 of them this year in KC

Whilst on the music topic, I would like the Air music to return to Galactica on top the existing music, It's got a spacey-ish vibe to it and whilst the Galactica soundtrack is nice, It gets repetitive on a 35 min loop, They could add the Air soundtrack once the Galactica loop finishes playing. Much like Oblivion and The Black Hole's (The AT rides not the Gardaland ride) now play around Oblivion.

For the last couple of years they have played a loop of all three Katanga soundtracks yes. I love the original track, it is probably my favourite piece of Towers music.

:)

They play the old KC sound track, the new one and the Runaway Mine Train theme on a loop in the area. The RMT theme is one of my favourite tracks used in the park.

The Rapids needs loads doing to it but none of it has to be particularly expensive. Rather than theming, KC is an amazingly landscaped area, it's just such a shame this isn't put to good use for the sake of a few theming elements.

Perhaps some statues and tribal shields on the empty patches of grass around the queue line and also on the side around the ride. Some evidence of explorers in the area, perhaps tents and exploring equipment and stuff left around. That and a turning on the water falls and missing water features that @Pete.b refered to would cost very little but massively enhance the ride experience.

The most expensive things the ride needs is the tunnel sorted out (it looks hideous with those lights on), the now exposed breeze block wall where the RMT enters the tunnel and blocking off the view from the final turn that ruins immersion by allowing you to look right through the Wickerman sight and on to Mutiny Bay.

But again, all the last 2 probably need is some cheap fences (we know they like fences) with some sort of tribal markings or paintwork on them or something.

Rapids isnt too bad lets be honest. Yes its been spoilt this year after the accident in Drayton Manor and I really hope next year will see the return of the waterfalls and the water guns. Wouldnt like to see the rocks jetwashed - the old appearance of the ride adds to its charm and atmosphere, as done being overgrown in some areas.

Agree however that the music in this area is great. Oh, and yeah, turning off the lights in the tunnel again would be good!

Out of the soundtracks they currently play, the one they used up until 2015 is my favourite. The RMT soundtrack and the other one are both good, but the modern soundtrack just really builds up the atmosphere in a very unique way. Also, @Rob, which track do you mean by the original track?

Out of the soundtracks they currently play, the one they used up until 2015 is my favourite. The RMT soundtrack and the other one are both good, but the modern soundtrack just really builds up the atmosphere in a very unique way. Also, @Rob, which track do you mean by the original track?

This one.

:)

Going back to Duel for a sec, I'm worried about the work they'll do given what "Merlin Magic making" have done to Tomb Blaster.

And them lights on the flying head scenes are fairly new and god awful. They light up the entire warehouse ffs. Who honestly installs them and says "yeah that's better"....

Did anyone notice that an improved sound affect was added to section where zombies fall out of the windows? Think this happened earlier in the year, much better. Only a small thing but it's a step in the right direction.

Also, I like the smoke effects and lights that have been added to the bus at Nemesis, I don't know if they'r just for Scarefest or not but they were left on during the fireworks weekend. This is the sort of stuff that Towers is missing, these small little effects that make a big impact.

Going back to Duel for a sec, I'm worried about the work they'll do given what "Merlin Magic making" have done to Tomb Blaster.

And them lights on the flying head scenes are fairly new and god awful. They light up the entire warehouse ffs. Who honestly installs them and says "yeah that's better"....

Did anyone notice that an improved sound affect was added to section where zombies fall out of the windows? Think this happened earlier in the year, much better. Only a small thing but it's a step in the right direction.

Also, I like the smoke effects and lights that have been added to the bus at Nemesis, I don't know if they'r just for Scarefest or not but they were left on during the fireworks weekend. This is the sort of stuff that Towers is missing, these small little effects that make a big impact.
Also see the Merlin Magic Making that Hex received.

Definitely one of the worst areas of the ride. That and the flying bats have been ruined by new lighting, completely illuminating the rigs that were once hidden. Makes those scenes utterly pointless. It's really sad going through those areas knowing how brilliant they were/could be again.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk