• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

I used to love the screaming "jellyfish" things in the same area at the heads flying over, erm, head. Alas, they are no more either :(

I didn't think they changed the lighting for the bats scenes? I noticed they weren't actually moving in the latter half of the year but I didn't notice a differece with the lights.

I didn't think they changed the lighting for the bats scenes? I noticed they weren't actually moving in the latter half of the year but I didn't notice a differece with the lights.
When I visted during Scarefest there were lights in that section illuminating the rigs that swing the bats around. They weren't moving although usually in the past when that's the case that section is just pitch black, which on my visit it wasn't and I could see everything around me.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

When I visted during Scarefest there were lights in that section illuminating the rigs that swing the bats around. They weren't moving although usually in the past when that's the case that section is just pitch black, which on my visit it wasn't and I could see everything around me.

This is another one of the scenes where true black lights (strobes with woods glass filters) have been replaced with LED UV lights. The rigs would never be visible, even if not moving, when lit with black light only.

This is another one of the scenes where true black lights (strobes with woods glass filters) have been replaced with LED UV lights. The rigs would never be visible, even if not moving, when lit with black light only.

They're not even UV LED lights, they're white LEDs with blue filters taped over them... :rolleyes:

They're not even UV LED lights, they're white LEDs with blue filters taped over them... :rolleyes:

You have got to be kidding me?

I actually had someone tell me the other day that LeeFilters Congo Blue creates the same effect as UV, so actually I'm not all that surprised. :banghead:

This is exactly why TLC cannot be trusted to touch Duel. They've already ruined Nemesis, and ruined the audio plus overlit scenes in Hex, so Duel will likely be in for the same fate.

Woods glass.... I'm pretty certain the old strobes in Duel were just standard ones with a woods glass plate fixed over it.

I really hope whoever fiddled with all that stuff didn't throw them out because they'll be almost impossible to get hold of nowadays. I think it's only made for lab equipment, and very expensive.

A xenon strobe tube produces a fair ammount of UV to begin with, but I think woods glass infront of white LEDs would be about as useful as covering them in blackwrap. So-called UV LEDs are, if anything, "congo blue". :p

You have got to be kidding me?

I actually had someone tell me the other day that LeeFilters Congo Blue creates the same effect as UV, so actually I'm not all that surprised. :banghead:

This is exactly why TLC cannot be trusted to touch Duel. They've already ruined Nemesis, and ruined the audio plus overlit scenes in Hex, so Duel will likely be in for the same fate.

How have they ruined nemesis? The track repaint is not as good as original but the station work is very similar to the original work.

Audio is good around the park, Hex audio is fine (I don’t buy the balance crap, people just got used to the flat sound of the last 5 years) and the lighting was fine to me. People do have an issue when they equate “different” to bad.

Considering I first rode Hex in September 2015, I thought that my 2 rides on Hex in July 2017 were the best I'd ever had!

Also, I really like what they've done with Nemesis' repaint, and *controversial opinion coming up* I actually prefer it to the original judging by photos!

I quite like the turned up audio in Hex. It works wonders in the cinema room, no longer can I hear the teenages in the back making a noise! The Otagon audio is perfect in my opinion, going on Hex I've never loved the Octagon as much as I did this year. Towers did wonderfully with that for TLC.

The only bit of audio I find iffy with Hex is the queuline audio... why every 5 or so minutes is there a really deep/loud vibration sound? I love my bass but that's a bit too much, sounds like something breaking apart, not nice to the ears.

Nemesis is fine, apart from the repainting being spread over several years as it looks odd on the ride.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

They do need to turn down Hex's volume a bit (you can hear the pre-show video very clearly in the Towers grounds), but otherwise I think Hex and Nemesis (track aside perhaps) should be held up as the best examples of TLC, and considering the reputation of both, it's wonderful that this is the case.

Only thing wrong with Hex is the overkill of that black/yellow tape, it just looks pointless and you can tell that they just used that as a means to make it look like they've actually done a lot more than they have.

And the only issue I have with Nemesis is them teasing us with how amazing it looked in red! <3

Personally I have nothing wrong with the TLC project, I like how some things such as Hex and Nemesis are given a bit of a shakeup with the previously mentioned yellow and black tape and the repaint on Nemesis!

Nemesis looks fine, just got the final bit of the station to do now but it does look good. Hex is also looking very good, love the loud volume as it drowns up the people who cant shut up for 2 minutes, as for the tape, well, it is a construction site after all!