• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

How do you know that it has been scrapped, none of us know 100% what they've got up their magic wizard sleeves currently, it might surprise you. And Nemesis probably isn't staying white it looks it will have other colours added, think ride opening 1994.

Long overdue, a queue repaint for Ice Age:

CbhH4a7W8AAW4vm.jpg
CbhH7npWAAAtlyn.jpg

And also, this doesn't look like a bulldozer to me...

dUPV0xx.png

Last edited:
See ya later Rita!!!

Seeing all your reactions to nemesis has made me laugh...I hope you all choke on your hats/words as you didn't expect this now did ya?

#moaningbritain

:)

Blimy!

All these sudden updates after we were complaining... anybody would think one of the forum member's here has suddenly gone in and taken over and started fixing everything!

Au Revoir to the scaffolding finally?!

A lot of pet peeves look like they may finally be resolved in 2016!

Rita Scaffolding? Tick (Fingers crossed)
Nemesis Station? Tick
General Grimyness of the place? Tick
Air Tunnel? Tick (Kinda lol)

Just the toilets and broken effects to go unless anyone can add to the list below? (Let's make it real easy for them to come and tick them off themselves!)

All this work is great to see, but I can't jump up and down for joy at a theme park doing the basics of maintenance. This is all way overdue, sure it's fantastic to see now, but the fact they're making it out as a short term project doesn't get my hopes up for 5 years time when everythings fallen apart again. Hopefully some of these things get noticed by the general public and we see more maintenance and touch ups like this for future closed seasons.

The one thing they can definitely be applauded for is the Nemesis refurb, since that's a major project. Hopefully the final paint job looks like the original in 1994 (I know people have said it will, but we need to see it to believe it).

If the scaffolding goes in DF I will be amazed.

If they need protection on that level for rita's cable. The scaffolding needs removing and replacing with decent themed stuff. Although the need for that protection show there is a major design flaw with rita's launch system, and i am suprised the red tops has not pick up on it.

If they need protection on that level for rita's cable. The scaffolding needs removing and replacing with decent themed stuff. Although the need for that protection show there is a major design flaw with rita's launch system, and i am suprised the red tops has not pick up on it.

The original concept art for Thirtheen had tunnels of branches etc to walk through.. at a very basic level they should have covered it like that using the scaffolding as a base if they had to and covering so you couldn't see it... they have plenty of woodland around them if they would just have sent people out to go collect stuff from it's floor even! Granted it would take a while to cover it completely but free theming! You'd think M£rlin would be all over that!

All it would need would be a proper tunnel (like stealth's) to look half decent (though, obviously a themed structure would be better). I don't understand why they didn't do it in the beginning.

My guess as to why they decided now was the time for "TCL": they finally realised that things will get into a state of disrepair if they're left much longer and
  1. It would be expensive to replace
  2. It would be great pr if people started to notice the rotting theming (or scaffolding)

Maybe we're all just being too critical, I personally reckon that the scaffolding on Rita was to fit in with Th13teen's station building.....totally.

Considering this is the first year of a 3 year programme TLC is looking more substantial than I thought...

Well done AT...

...but please, do the job right on Nemmie... she is an icon, a classic, a world beater in so many ways... please do her justice. Anything less than perfection would be like letting Tommy Walsh loose on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel with a roller and a tin of Tesco Value paint.

Let her live up to the legend that she is.

Michaelangelo and John Wardley... Cut from the same cloth.

Wow... imagine what we would have if they worked together...

Last edited:
I heard they have spoken to the BBMF and all aircraft are loaded with fuel and ammo, heading for DF tomorrow ;)

The managers have probably looked at the scaffolding and thought wait a minute, GP might think the ride is unsafe, it needs to be removed!

*fingers crossed

Regarding the work in Dark Forest, I urge people not to expect the scaffolding to be removed! Hopefully they might improve how it looks but H&S appear to be adamant that it is needed.

Unfortunately the TLC on Ice Age confirms some of my fears with the whole project. The Ice Age fencing certainly needed some new paint as it was looking a real mess. So good on them for addressing it! But let's compare how it looked when new to how it looks with TLC..!

New:
alton-towers.jpg

TLC:
CbhH7npWAAAtlyn.jpg

I hate to be one that moans about improving the look of the park but I'm sorry, there is just no comparison. One is painted in a detailed manner to look themed, one is painted blue because it is cheaper and the colour kinda fits. Of course it looks better that the tatty state it was in previously but why couldn't they at least try and add some detail to it? Detail is what makes the difference at theme parks! The only hope is that it's not finished but I doubt that is the case.

:)

On second viewing I noticed the ice outside Ice Age has been painted solid white as well, that does need the themed colour adding. But the wooden queue fence I'm less fussed about. At least solid colour won't show the dirt as much. I'd rather they concentrated on getting the icework right and a plain fence.

On second viewing I noticed the ice outside Ice Age has been painted solid white as well, that does need the themed colour adding. But the wooden queue fence I'm less fussed about. At least solid colour won't show the dirt as much. I'd rather they concentrated on getting the icework right and a plain fence.
Or, heaven forbid, would it be too much to ask for... you know... both?