• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Towers Loving Care

Amazing amount of negativity around this topic. Personally think its great the whole park is getting some TLC...

The problem here is that the park SHOULD get TLC every closed season. We're all grateful that it's finally occurring, but they're going about the totally wrong way. This isn't TLC because the park needs it, it's TLC because they needed a marketing campaign.

Fear not however, here is some positivity...

I'd never thought I'd see the day, but Nemesis is really starting to look as if it may live up to its glory days.

The problem here is that the park SHOULD get TLC every closed season. We're all grateful that it's finally occurring, but they're going about the totally wrong way. This isn't TLC because the park needs it, it's TLC because they needed a marketing campaign.

That is hitting the nail right on the head! As always the park is completely driven by marketing. I'm grateful for the TLC, but the park (and Merlin it seems) will never learn from their mistakes.

What's with all the red‽ The track is not supposed to be rusty, it's part of the beast!

Wait for the Mirror "ALTON TOWERS PAINTS ROLLERCOASTER WITH BLOOD OF SMILER VICTIMS" Or something along those lines...

What's with all the red‽ The track is not supposed to be rusty, it's part of the beast!

I think it's the bare metal where the old paint has been blasted off. Some other parts of the track looked like that before being painted completely white.

It probably is, its cheap and so are using it for theming :)

nemesisb.jpg

no red on the original tho... what are they thinking !

I would agree, it looks like red oxide. It's used as a primer to seal any metal prone to rust etc. The white being either the undercoat or finished surface. I do hope that they do add some detail to the White, it looks a bit stark at the mo.

To anybody doubting this programme, the number of small to medium scaled refurbishment projects around the park is easily over 20 and hopefully there'll be some humble pie eaten by some folks next month, when the park re-opens.

Whether it's replacing worn tarmac with paving, improving paint jobs, repainting rides, improving guest flow in some areas - there's an awful lot and I am sure the TLC page will have more than enough to show off every day for the next few weeks.

:)

Last edited:
hopefully there'll be some humble pie eaten by some folks next month, when the park re-opens.

Fetch me a knife and fork.

No one will be happier (on the whole) than people here if the park looks back up to scratch.

I think people's cynicism has been earned by the park.

It's time for it to earn their faith & appreciation.

It's also tarnished by the ludicrous ride closures & lack of forthcoming info on it, had there not been that backdrop this project would have been better received. That's without any doubt.

Reactions: Ash
Of course it is tarnished by the lack of information about ride closures and the fact that several rides are closing. The website needs updating as soon as possible on this matter. However, if TLC is negatively received, then the park are going to wonder why they bother. They read these forums daily.

Of course it is tarnished by the lack of information about ride closures and the fact that several rides are closing. The website needs updating as soon as possible on this matter. However, if TLC is negatively received, then the park are going to wonder why they bother. They read these forums daily.

I'd hope I've come across ultimately balanced as I'm certainly impressed with what's happening with Nemesis etc.

I must balance that out though with the idea of basing big project & maintenance schedules on a passionate forum's opinions would be a bit daft. Should I be in that position, it would be easy to see what things are generally universally praised, and issues that divide/unite opinions as a whole.

It is important to separate out good work being done, with restrictions obviously placed upon the park which are, IMO of course, counterproductive to the overall manner in which the park will be viewed as a value product commensurate with the cost of entry.

People will get less value for their money this year, & the incident last year was not those people's fault.

Opening times/attraction levels will be reduced - and as needed as the sprucing up has become (very!), ultimately it will negate other good work that's taking place. I find this a shame. Getting everything open, (as possible), not reducing attractions, and nice and sparkling to me would have made most sense to increase confidence and faith in the brand and park - and that isn't from an enthusiasts perspective, it's from a PR/Marketing/Business one.

And it's good to know they do, I shall expect a phone call offering me the Operations post shortly!! ;):D

@TheMan why don't you go for the ops post

Being serious lol?

I don't have the experience or knowledge required or I would.

I'd love the job! But I feel it just requires a level of hands on management I don't have across areas too important for me to screw up lol!!

I would want at least a year of working directly under someone of that role before considering doing it so I understood the functions/operations to a competent degree.

I am under no illusion how difficult, and important, that job is to both the park and its visitors.

I would RELISH the chance, but it would be a selfish endeavour and I don't like working that way.

(If Towers are watching though, and they want a new assistant to work alongside the new Operations manager, give me a shout :D)

Have to agree with Dan on this one, the TLC obviously has a little marketing brand attached but the Twitter account isn't linked to marketing and a lot of work is going into the project.

Yes it's something Merlin should do as standard but that's the past and the park is getting some much needed TLC so let's just judge on the here and now. If it works then the park can argue to keep the program rolling along yearly.